Last Updated on
Today, in this blog we are going to discuss about the topic how to convert NSF to PST format manually as well as with third party tool. As, you know that both IBM Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are popular email clients which companies across the world are using. But there is a difference between these two emails clients, where NSF (Notes Storage Facility) is a file extension used by Lotus Notes, whereas Microsoft Outlook use PST file format to store data. Nowadays, many users are switching from Lotus Notes to Outlook, seeing the changes in their business requirements and market. There are many reasons behind the conversion of NSF file to PST format. Here we have shown some reasons, which you can see below:
- Lotus Notes is more costly then the Microsoft Outlook.
- The Lotus Notes needs high technical expertise to run it.
- On Outlook, users can perform various tasks at one time. But, Lotus Notes does not perform multiple tasks.
- MS Outlook provides wide range of advanced technical features and security services to its users as compare to Lotus Notes.
Now you will know from the points given above why users need to move from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook.
Some Manual Tricks to Convert data from NSF to PST:
The manual method to import NSF data to Outlook is a technically enhanced solution which can import your NSF file to PST format in ease. The manual process has the higher chances of data loss, so it is suggested to you that before using the manual process, you should take a backup of your NSF database to secure your data for future use.
Use Import/Export Method
Use Import/Export Method
This process is divided into two different categories; in this process you have to first export all your mailboxes from Lotus Notes environment and then, you need to import the entire exported mailbox from Lotus Notes to the Outlook.
Export Notes Mailboxes: To export your mailboxes from Lotus Notes, you are required to follow these simple steps and perform a process –
Step 1: First you open Lotus Notes, and Go to Mail
Step 2: Select File from it and click on EXPORT option.
Step 3: When you click on the export option, a window will open in front of you with the name of Export Wizard, from where you have to choose any option from Tabular Text or Structured Text format. After, that click Continue button till the process of exporting complete.
Note: you can select anyone option, because both the options are supported by Outlook.
Step 4: After the completion of export process, you just need to Click Export to end the wizard.
Import Notes Mailboxes: once the exported process gets completed successfully, you are further required to follow the below steps to import the Lotus Notes Mailboxes –
Step 1: first of all you need to open Microsoft Outlook.
Step 2: Then go to file and simply click on Import and Export option.
Step 3: Now, you need to click on Next to open the Import and Export.
Step 4: here you are required to select the format in which you want to export the data.
Step 5: Now, Click on the Next button and Browse the exported file from Lotus Notes.
Step 6: Until this export process completes, you are required to repeat this process with all.
Drawback: It will consume lots of time to export your large size mailboxes.
- The manual process does not guarantee you successful conversion of NSF file to PST format, because it not allows you to convert the calendar entries.
- In manual process there are high chances of failure due to various human errors.
- With the migration of manual process there is high threat of data loss.
- This process is very time consuming, as it can only export one NSF file in one run.
- It has expensive setting up cost as well.
Some exclusive features of Regain NSF to PST Converter
Now, if you are looking for NSF to PST converter tool to migrate from IBM Lotus Notes to Outlook then we can provide you with another easy and quick solution. We recommend Regain NSF to PST converter software to convert your NSF file to PST format. We have shown some features of this software below, which will be clear to you after viewing, why choosing Regain NSF to PST converter is a better decision.
- It converts complete data from Lotus Notes (.nsf) files to Outlook (.pst) files format.
- It easily exports your Lotus Notes NSF files without any loss of data.
- It converts all emails along with attachments, such as images, documents etc.
- It has the option to split PST file which is exported by Lotus Notes.
- It provides you email filter option for selective conversion
- It is very quick and fast, consume your lots of time while conversion.
- It view preview of convertible Lotus Notes emails in preview panel.
- It allows you to convert NSF file to PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX and vCard format.
- It does not require any higher technical skill to run it.