Updated On - August 15, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Outlook Error 0x80040115 occurs when users try to send or receive emails. This error prevents from sending mails and instead store emails in sent box. The error says “We can’t complete this because we can’t contact the server right now. Please try again later”.
Or might appear as: “Microsoft Exchange Server reported an error (0x80040115): The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be connected to complete this action”.
Symptoms of MS Outlook Error 0x80040115
Below are few of the symptoms of MS Outlook reported error 0x80040115:
- Performance of your system degrades – system starts hanging, freezes at sequences or in a regular pattern.
- MS Outlook reported error 0x80040115 code appears in the message that pops up on the screen.
Most common reasons for Outlook Error 0x80040115
Following might be one of the reason for occurrence of MS Outlook reported error 0x80040115 in your computer system:
- Corrupt Outlook PST File: In case the MS Outlook PST file gets corrupted due to any unknown reason, MS Outlook may encounter 0x80040115 error code. To repair corrupt MS Outlook PST file, we prefer you to use professional Outlook PST Recovery software.
- Oversized PST File: In case the MS Outlook PST file get oversized or its size limit get exceeded beyond the limit, MS Outlook reports 0x80040115 error code. To repair large-sized MS Outlook PST file, use highly efficient Outlook PST Recovery tool.
- Email Server Issues: In case there are some issues with your email server like MS Outlook connectivity issues with mail server, internet connectivity issues, network issues, etc. MS Outlook 0x80040115 error code may appear while sending or receiving emails in MS Outlook.
- Improper MS Outlook application Installation: In case of improper MS Outlook application installation in your computer system, this MS Outlook 0x80040115 error code may appear.
- Internal System Conflict: Any kind of internal system conflict could also lead to occurrence of MS Outlook 0x80040115 error code in your computer system.
- Poor Internet Connection: Bad internet connection might be another reason of occurrence of 0x80040115 error such that in lack of proper Internet connectivity, MS Outlook might not connect with mail server properly, hence facing issue while sending or receiving emails.
- Third-party add-ins: In case you are using third-party add-ins in MS Outlook application, this might be also one of the reason for occurrence of 0x80040115 error.
- Syncing issues between MS Outlook and Exchange Server.
Resolve Outlook Error 0x80040115 by using professional tool
Regain Outlook PST Recovery software is a professional tool for resolving MS Outlook 0x80040115 error code. Whatever might be the reason of this Outlook error 0x80040115 – oversized PST file, corrupt PST file, email server issues, internal system error, or incorrect Outlook installation, Outlook PST Recovery tool efficiently helps its users to help resolve the 0x80040115 Outlook error.
The inbuilt Outlook repair tool by Microsoft has some limitations such that inbuilt tool doesn’t works well in case of repairing oversized and highly corrupted MS Outlook PST file. In such a scenario, user need to look for a reliable tool that can recover Outlook data without losing any data. Outlook PST recovery tool repairs Outlook PST file and maintains the integrity of emails along with hierarchy, properties, structure and formatting. All Outlook email data including contacts, messages, schedule, journals, notes, attachments, calendars, tasks, etc. is preserved while repairing corrupt PST file using Outlook PST Recovery tool.
- The tool has intuitive, self-descriptive, easy-to-understand interface such that even a novice user can perform the Outlook PST file recovery, no any specific technical skills required to use the tool.
- Restores all MS Outlook email items including emails, attachments, contacts, notes, drafts, calendars, sent items, etc.
- Repairs corrupt MS Outlook PST files.
- Repairs oversized Outlook PST files.
- Recovers even deleted or lost MS Outlook emails. The tool highlights lost and deleted emails in red color.
- Repairs password-protected Outlook PST files.
- Displays preview of all recovered items before saving.
- Allows saving recovered Outlook emails in various formats – PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal and vCard.
- Export repaired MS Outlook PST files to MS Office 365 platform and Live Exchange Server.
- Save Snapshot and Load Snapshot feature of the tool makes it different from other tools for Outlook PST recovery.
- Supports all versions of MS Outlook including MS Outlook 2007, MS Outlook 2010, MS Outlook 2013, MS Outlook 2016, MS Outlook 2019, and earlier Outlook versions.
- Supports Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003 R2, and Windows Server 2003.
- Compatible with all Windows operating system including latest Windows 11, 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Available as a free to download trial version with only a limitation that it will save only 30 emails per folder. To save unlimited email items per folder in the mailbox, purchase the full licensed version of the software.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchase.
- 100% secure to download and install, need not to worry for any viruses or malwares.
Some Other Outlook Errors fix and Repair by our professional tool
- “The file is not a Personal Folders File”
- “Errors have been detected in the PST file”
- “The Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file xxxx.pst”
- “An unexpected error prevented access to PST file”
- “PST recovered from Scanpst.exe is empty”
- “PST file size reached or exceeds the 2 GB limit”
- “The file xxxx.pst cannot be opened”
- “xxxx.pst cannot be accessed – 0x80040116”
- “Data error. Cyclic redundancy check”
- “The Fatal Error: 80040818”
See How Regain Outlook PST Recovery Tool Works:
1. Download, install and run the Outlook PST recovery software.
2. Browse and select PST file that needs to be repair.
3. The tool displays preview of all scanned mailbox items.
4. Select Destination path and Target format for saving the MS Outlook PST file. The available options to save the repaired PST file are:
a. Save to PST
b. Save to MBOX
c. Save to EML
d. Save to MSG
e. Save to vCal
f. Save to EMLX
g. Save to vCard
5. Click Save Now button to save the repaired MS Outlook PST file.
In case you are encountering 0x80040115 error code in MS Outlook while sending or receiving emails, then Outlook PST recovery tool is the best software available for repairing your corrupt or oversized MS Outlook PST file. The software maintains the integrity, hierarchy, email properties, structure of your mailbox. The tool allows selective mailbox items recovery and supports saving recovery of repaired Outlook PST file in multiple formats. Outlook PST recovery tool supports export PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.