How to Fix the Outlook Error Code 0x80070057 in Sending and Receiving
Published On - December 12, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
MS Outlook is one of many popular emails and calendaring programs used by both individuals and businesses. Without a shadow of a doubt, Microsoft Outlook is the most widely used and respected email program in the world. Microsoft Outlook, like any other software, has some flaws that may be improved with some tweaks. Outlook not responding, file access denied, and other often occurring errors and corruptions are to be expected. The error 0x80070057 has not been seen before, but multiple Outlook users have recently reported it to the Microsoft community. This occurs when the user selects the send/receive tab in Outlook, which may cause the client to freeze and prevent the user from sending or receiving emails. Also, it could prevent you from establishing a connection with Microsoft Exchange. Multiple customers running very up-to-date versions of Outlook on a Microsoft Exchange server kept running into this problem.
Depending on the version of Outlook, there are a variety of errors.
- Error code: 0x80070057, Unknown Error
- Error (0x80070057) reported by task email@example.com: Unfortunately, there was an error. Maybe give it another shot.
Cause of error 0x80070057
This is a regular problem with Outlook 2010 and later. There are a number of potential causes for this problem, including faulty application installation, erroneous Outlook account creation (Auto account approach is utilized), connection failure, virus infection, damaged registry entries, bad sectors, sudden system shutdown, data file corruption, and others.
Users are worried that if this error persists, their Outlook application will freeze, their emails won’t be updated, or they won’t be able to connect Outlook to Exchange.
Manual Solutions to resolve MS Outlook’s Send/Receive Error 0x80070057
Launch Outlook in safe mode
In order to start Outlook in safe mode, you must first close the program. When pressed together, the Windows and R keys bring up the Run box in Windows. Just put “outlook /safe” into the opening box, and then hit OK. You can then choose to open Outlook by clicking the profile’s name and then clicking OK. If it doesn’t work, try resetting Outlook without any Add-ins and see if that helps.
Get the Latest Drivers
To access Device Manager, open the Control Panel. Then, under Device Manager, expand the Disk Drives section, click the driver, and select the “Update Driver Software” option. Then, choose the option to Update Driver Software. To proceed with the upgrade, please follow the on-screen prompts.
Access the Settings menu on the menu bar. Please proceed to System and Security Troubleshooting. Follow the prompts to access Windows Update from the System and Security menu. Just keep following the on-screen prompts to finish the Windows upgrade. You can restart your computer once the updates have finished installing.
Run System File Checker to fix corrupted system files
If users suspect that their system files are damaged, they can use the “sfc/ scannow” command at the Command Prompt (when logged in as an administrator) to scan for, and repair damaged files.
Fix Your Corrupted Outlook PST
Only the scanPST.exe program, which can be found under C: Program Files/Microsoft Office/root/Office16, may manually fix an Outlook PST file.
To use the scanPST.exe program, navigate there and then double-click on the file’s icon. When you’ve located your Outlook PST file, click the Start button to begin scanning. Once Outlook’s faults have been displayed, correct them with the Repair menu item.
Keep in mind that this inbuilt utility can only repair minor issues with your PST files and only handle files up to 2GB in size.
However, I recommend you use an automated tool named Regain Outlook PST recovery tool. It is an automated tool that is specially built to fix corrupt PST files in an effortless manner. Also, the tool offers several handy features which make the fixing PST corruption process cakewalk. We’ll discuss its features below.
Reinstall the Microsoft Office Suite
Those who wish to start fresh with Microsoft Outlook can do so. Close Microsoft Outlook, then go to the Control Panel, Programs, and Features, and uninstall Microsoft Office. Then you need to reinstall the most recent set of Microsoft Office Professional software. Currently, a system restart is required.
Set Up an Outlook Account and an Exchange Server
You can make a new Outlook account by following these steps once you’ve reinstalled Outlook on your computer.
- To check your email, go to your system’s settings first.
- Select the Profiles to View tab.
- Once you’ve decided on a name for the new account profile, click the Add button and then click OK.
- Enter the account’s name and email address in the respective fields on the Add New Email account page.
- Choose to manually configure your server settings or to add new server types and click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange or a suitable service, then click Next.
- Under Microsoft Exchange Settings, check that the Exchange Server user name and server settings are correct before moving on to the next step.
- Hold out the hope that the link will ultimately establish.
- You can complete the account setting process by clicking the Finish button.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook using the freshly established profile.
We hope that you find the answers presented here useful in resolving the error 0x80070057 in Microsoft Outlook on your own. If not, then install the automated tool Regain Outlook PST recovery tool.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
Some of this tool’s features are as follows:
- It is one of the most trusted tools to fix corrupted PST files, recommended by several Outlook professionals.
- You can add several PST files in a single go and fix them without any size restriction.
- It displays a complete preview of the added PST file data after recovering the PST file.
- You can move your PST file data into several formats, such as: PST, MSG, EML etc.
- The tool is compatible with all versions of Outlook and Windows Operating systems.
In this write-up, we’ve discussed several approaches to fix Outlook error 0x80070057. In case you find your PST file corrupted, you can use Regain Outlook PST recovery tool. Before making any move, use the free version of the automated tool that allows processing the first 30 items per folder.