Updated On - August 30, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc92 occurs while sending or receiving emails. ox800ccc92 Outlook error might also occur while setting up a POP3, IMAP, or other email account in Microsoft Outlook. MS Outlook error 0x800ccc92 looks like:
Outlook error 0x800ccc92 clearly states: Receiving reported error (0x800ccc92):’Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts. The server responded: ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.’
The above Outlook error 0x800ccc92 indicates that the issue occurs due to an incorrect username and password. Outlook will repeatedly prompt you to enter a password while trying to send/receive emails.
Symptoms of Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc92:
- Crashes active window program
- Window becomes slow – with delayed keyboard input and slow-moving mouse cursor.
- System freezes periodically for few seconds.
Let’s see other possible reasons for occurrence of Outlook error 0x800ccc92
- Incorrectly configured POP3/IMPA/SMTP settings while configuring Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, or any other email account in MS Outlook.
- MS Outlook account is connected using multiple devices.
- “Allow less secure apps” option is turned OFF in Gmail (applicable in case of those users who configured their Gmail account in MS Outlook application).
- MS Outlook application stopped syncing with the Server.
- Oversized MS Outlook PST file.
- Corrupt PST file makes mailbox data inaccessible.
- Corrupt Outlook profile.
7 Verified methods to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc92
For Reason: Incorrect Login Credentials
Solution: In case you are getting MS Outlook send receive error 0x800ccc92 due to incorrect login credentials (username and password), make sure you have entered correct login details in Outlook account.
For Reason: Incorrectly configured Server Settings
Solution: In case of incorrectly configured POP3/IMAP/SMTP settings while configuring Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, or any other email account in MS Outlook, make sure you have entered correct server settings for your email account. Check the incoming and outgoing mail server settings along with incoming and outgoing server port number.
Make sure the following POP3 Settings for Gmail and Outlook.com (Hotmail) account:
Make sure the following IMAP Settings for Gmail and Outlook.com (Hotmail) account:
For Reason: MS Outlook account is connected using multiple devices
Solution: In case your MS Outlook account is configured on multiple devices, remove those email accounts from those devices.
For Reason: “Allow less secure apps” option is turned OFF in Gmail (applicable in case of those users who configured their Gmail account in MS Outlook application)
Solution: Remove Outlook from insecure apps list in Gmail – turn ON the “Allow less secure apps” option to get access of your Outlook account. To do this, perform the below steps:
- Login into your Gmail account that is configured in Outlook.
- On top-right corner, click on Settings icon.
- Settings page, click Accounts & Import tab, then click ‘Other Google Account settings’ link.
- On the page that appears, click ‘Security’ and scroll to ‘Less secure app access’ section.
- Turn ON ‘Allows less secure apps’ option.
- Configure your Gmail account in Outlook or in case already configured, try send/receive emails.
Reason: Oversized Outlook PST File
Reason: Corrupt Outlook profile
Solution: In case of corrupt Outlook profile, create new Outlook profile and then add your email account again. To do this, perform the below steps:
- Open Control Panel, click ‘Mail’ and then click ‘Show Profiles’.
- In the dialog box that appears, click ‘New’, type name of your new Outlook profile. Click OK.
- Re-add your account to your new Outlook profile.
How to prevent Outlook error 0x800ccc92
There are several ways to prevent Outlook error 0x800ccc92, including:
Double-check login credentials: Always double-check your login credentials before logging into your email account using Outlook. Ensure that your username and password are correct, and there are no typing errors.
Install anti-virus software: Install anti-virus software on your computer to prevent virus or malware infections that can corrupt Outlook files.
Keep Outlook up to date: Ensure that you regularly update Outlook to the latest version to fix bugs and improve performance.
Professional tool to Fix Outlook Errors
Try the manual solutions discussed in this article. If the Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc92 still persists, use third-party Outlook PST recovery tool. Compatible with all versions of Microsoft Outlook, the Outlook PST recovery software repairs corrupted Outlook PST file without affecting the original data. To repair corrupted, inaccessible, oversized Outlook PST file, using the Outlook PST recovery software, you need to perform only 3 steps as below:
- Provide Outlook PST file.
- The tool displays preview of all recoverable Outlook emails.
- Select destination path and file format to save emails among supported file formats – PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, vCal, EMLX, vCard.
- Restores all Outlook email items including emails, attachments, contacts, notes, drafts, calendars, sent items, etc.
- Efficiently repairs and recovers corrupted, inaccessible Outlook PST file
- Restores/recovers permanently deleted or lost Outlook emails.
- Repairs password-protected and encrypted Outlook PST files.
- Repairs oversized Outlook PST files.
- Offers even selective Outlook mailbox email items recovery.
- Maintains hierarchy of data.
- Allows saving recovered emails into PST, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal and vCard formats.
- Allows exporting repaired Outlook PST files to Office 365 platform and Live Exchange Server
- Displays preview of all recovered items before saving
- Supports all version of MS Outlook – Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS platforms – Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista.
- Supports Windows Exchange Server versions 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003 R2, and 2003.
- Offers an easy-to-use, self-descriptive, user-friendly interface for repairing Outlook PST file, no any specific technical skills required to perform the steps.
- Available as free to download trial version that allows saving 30 emails per folder for free. Purchase full licensed version to save unlimited email items per folder.
- Free lifetime technical support on purchase of full licensed version.
Outlook error 0x800ccc92 can be frustrating and disruptive, but it’s essential to understand its causes, symptoms, and preventive measures. By following the tips mentioned above, you can minimize the risk of encountering this error and ensure smooth functioning of your Outlook account. There are several steps you can follow to fix it. Check your login credentials, reset your password, repair Outlook files, delete and re-add your email account, and update Outlook to the latest version. If the error persists, you can use Regain Outlook PST recovery tool to recover your corrupt PST file.