Both OST and PST are data files of Microsoft Outlook where OST is used for Microsoft Exchange account in offline mode and PST is used for IMAP, POP3 and web-based mail. It works also in online mode and performs automatically when Exchange Server is connected to Outlook. OST files consist of data items like Contacts, Tasks, Messages, Notes, Calendar, RSS Feeds, Journals etc. In this post, we are going to share some of the important details about Outlook OST repair manually.
OST file has very much importance as you can access the data items easily in offline mode. In that case, you should look for professionals or repair OST files manually.
Keep in mind that Outlook 2010 and 2013 don’t support this tool. Be sure to exit MS Outlook before using this tool. In your system, scanost.exe is located in different places, as per MS Outlook version.
1. Launch Scanost.exe.
2. Be sure Outlook application is closed. If it is running, it will want you to close it.
3. OST Integrity Tool window will be opened. Provide the Profile name.
4. If it shows message like Work Offline or Connect, click Connect.
5. Choose option as per your priority either Choose Folder to Scan or Scan all Folders to select “Begin Scan”.
6. Once Scan process is done, it will notify you with “OST Repaired Successfully” message.
If you have MS Outlook 2010 or 2013 which doesn’t support OST Integrity Check Tool, you can convert OST into PST. You can conduct archiving, import-export etc. and other procedures for OST to PST conversion. Here are some of the manual procedures of OST to PST conversion. We hope you will like them.
Most of the time, these methods are not enough to repair severely corrupt OST data. In that case, you have to use Regain OST to PST tool to repair your corrupt OST files. This tool is very user friendly to repair all OST files. You can have several options to save converted files. Here’s how this tool is helpful for OST file repair.