Import PST Files to Office 365 with Network Upload Manually
Updated On - December 22, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Microsoft Office 365 is the best suite that offers cloud-based services for users. By considering the features from Office 365, a lot of people migrate from MS Outlook to Office 365 platform. You can use the professional Regain Outlook PST to Office 365 migration tool, but you can also use the free method to do this. When it comes to migrating from PST to Office 365, you need to import PST files to Office 365 with the option of “Network Upload.”
Importing PST to Office 365 is a very complex task, and it has some prerequisites before you start the process of migration. The users need to understand the tools and techniques used in this process. Here we have suggested some essential tools to Upload PST to Office 365 –
- SAS URL
- Azure AzCopy
- Command Prompt (CMD)
Try Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool to Export Office 365 Mailbox to Outlook PST file. Download Here
Manual Process to Import PST to Office 365
When it seems too complex to transfer a single PST file to Office 365, you can migrate PST files into Office 365 in bulk with the “Network Upload” option. Users have to go through these steps to import PST to Office 365 –
Step1: Azure AzCopy Installation and Copy SAS URL
SAS URL is a URL network that can store Azure in a location in MS Cloud and Shared Access Signature Key SAS Key for an organization. SAS key has set permissions to move email from the outlook storage of Azure.
- Go to the protection.office.com link.
- Log in to Office 365 admin account with admin credentials.
- Select the option Data Governance and click the import button
- It will open the Import page and click “Import Service.”
- Click on New Job and Upload PST files.
- It will open the page to upload files and select the show network to upload SAS URL.
- Copy URL and save in a file location
- Go to “Download” and install Azure AzCopy.
- Click on the “Run” button when a pop-up window appears.
Step2: Import Bulk PST to Office 365
- Type CMD in the search bar after clicking the Start button
- Right-click on Command Prompt and click “Run as administrator.”
- Migrate PST files into Office 365 with the AzCopy.exe tool
Step3: Ensure that PST files are uploaded
- Install MS Azure Storage Explorer
- Open explorer and check out the list of PST files to Office 365
- Now you can see the files stored on Azure, where they can be mapped to the mailboxes.
Step4: Create PST to MAP file
Now you need to convert files to Comma Separated Values (.CSV format). Such kinds of files are imported to user mailboxes.
Step5: Export Files to Microsoft Office 365
- Use your administrator account to enter Office 365
- Select import under Data Governance
- Click on Import services from the import window.
- Select a new job and (+) and click upload email.
- And then Select “I am done uploading my files” on Upload Files over the network, enable “I have access to Map file,” and click Next.
- Select PST import and click next.
- Add PST mapping by clicking Add button.
- Click on Validate CSV after selecting CSV file stored.
- Enable the checkbox “Read terms and conditions.”
- Click Finish to submit a job to import PST to Office 365.
It will finish the process of importing PST to Office 365 user account. As the method of PST to Office 365 migration is not so easy, it needs a lot of applications. So, it has a certain risk. It requires technical proficiency if you want to avoid this stress, backup Outlook PST files before migrating.
You may also try this Regain PST to Office 365 Migration application; go through the Free version to see Results. You can download this tool from here:
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
Why Choose Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool?
Regain is a popular name in the software development field. Regain software offers a wide range of data recovery, email conversion, email backups, email migration, etc. The PST to Office 365 migration is embedded with many features that users seek. This is very convenient when importing PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange. Other functions are:
- This software quickly uploads PST files to Office 365 platform within the least possible time.
- It imports PST file items such as Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Attachments, etc., without compromising the quality of data contents.
- The software supports the bulk migration of Outlook PST files without any file size restrictions.
- Performs batch conversion of PST file for saving time and efforts of the user
- Self-intuitive and easy to use GUI to import PST files into Office 365 & Live Exchange Server without any expertise
- The free demo version is available to evaluate the features and working of the utility software.
Because of the details given above, it is very clear why you choose the Regain software to import PST to Office 365.
Professional steps to upload PST to Office 365 platform
- Download and open Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool.
- Click on Add PST Files option, available on the software as shown below in the screenshot.
- Now choose Office 365 option as Server type and enter the Office 365s’ Credentials (User Email, Password, and Server Name).
- Click on Connect (wait until the migration process is running. After the migration process gets completed, click the finish button.
By using the following steps, users can perfectly import PST to Office 365.
As in this blog, we have discussed both manual and third-party tools to import PST files into Office 365 user account easily. You can choose any one of the two methods. The manual process has many limitations. So it is best to use the third-party PST to Office 365 migration tool as it has many features and is easy to use.
2 thoughts on “Import PST Files to Office 365 with Network Upload Manually”
I had no idea transferring Outlook PSTs to Office 365 could be done manually! This article was very insightful and gave me great information on the process. Thank you!
I recently attempted to manually import PST files to Office 365 and found the process quite challenging. Additionally, the process was time-consuming and required significant technical knowledge. Overall, I would not recommend the manual method for importing PST files to Office 365 unless you are an IT professional with a lot of experience in this area. Using the mentioned tool for this task would be much easier and more efficient.
The manual method provided here is correct, and it does work. However, being a Microsoft MVP, I suggest using an automated tool for a safe and hassle-free process. Manually you might get stuck somewhere without any help.