Last Updated on January 1, 2021 by Henry Bray
Microsoft Office 365 is a best suite which offers cloud based services for the users. By considering the features from Office 365, a lot of people migrate from MS Outlook to Office 365 platform. You can use the professional Regain Outlook PST to Office 365 migration tool but you can also use the free method to do this. When it comes to migrate from PST to Office 365, you need to upload PST files to Office 365 with the option of “Network Upload”.
Try Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool to Export Office 365 Mailbox to Outlook PST file. Download Here
Importing PST to Office 365 is a very complex task and it has some prerequisites before you start the process of migration. It is important for the users to understand the tools and techniques used in this process. Here we have suggested some essential tools for uploading PST to Office 365 –
- SAS URL
- Azure AzCopy
- Command Prompt (CMD)
Manual Process to Import PST to Office 365 Migration
When it seems too complex to transfer single PST file to Office 365, you can migrate PST files into Office 365 in bulk with “Network Upload” option. Users have to go through these each steps in order to import PST to Office 365 –
Step 1: Azure AzCopy Installation and Copy SAS URL
SAS URL is a URL network which can be used to store Azure in a location in MS Cloud and Shared Access Signature Key SAS Key for organization. SAS key has set permissions to move email from outlook storage of Azure.
- Go to protection.office.com link
- Log in to Office 365 admin account with admin credentials
- Select the option Data Governance and click import button
- It will open the Import page and click “Import Service”
- Click on New Job and Upload PST files
- It will open the page to upload files and select the show network to upload SAS URL.
- Copy URL and save in a file location
- Go to “Download” and install Azure AzCopy.
- Click on “Run” button when a pop-up window appears
Step 2: Import Bulk PST to Office 365
- Type CMD in search bar after clicking Start button
- Right click on Command Prompt and click “Run as administrator”
- Migrate PST files into Office 365 with AzCopy.exe tool
Step 3: Ensure that PST files are uploaded
- Install MS Azure Storage Explorer
- Open explorer and check out the list of PST files to Office 365
- Now you can see the files stored on Azure where they can be mapped to the mailboxes.
Step 4: Create PST to MAP file
Now you need to convert files to Comma Separated Values (.CSV format). Such kinds of files are imported to user mailboxes.
Step 5: Export Files to Microsoft Office 365
- Use your administrator account to enter Office 365
- Select import under Data Governance
- Click on Import services from import window
- Select new job and (+) and click upload email.
- Select “I am done uploading my files” on Upload Files over the network and enable “I have access to Map file” and click Next.
- Select PST import and click next.
- Add PST mapping by clicking Add button.
- Click on Validate CSV after selecting CSV file stored.
- Enable the checkbox “Read terms and conditions”
- Click Finish to submit job to import PST to Office 365.
It will finish the process of import PST to Office 365 user account. As the method of PST to Office 365 migration is not so easy, it needs a lot of applications. So, it has certain risk. It needs technical profeciency. If you want to avoid this stress, backup Outlook PST files before doing migration.
You may also try this Regain PST to Office 365 Migration application, Go through Free version to see Results. You can download this tool from here:
Why Choose Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool?
Regain is a popular name in the software development field. Regain software offers a wide range of software for data recovery, email conversion, email backups, and email migration, etc. The PST to Office 365 migration is embedded with many features that are sought by users.This is very convenient when importing PST to Office 365 and Live Exchange.Other functions are:
- This software quickly upload PST files to Office 365 platform within least possible time.
- It imports PST file items such as: Emails, Contacts, Calendars, Tasks, Attachments, etc without compromising with the quality of data contents.
- The software supports the bulk migration of Outlook PST files without any file size restrictions.
- Performs batch conversion of PST file for saving time and efforts of the user
- Self-intuitive and easy to use GUI to import PST file into Office 365 & Live Exchange Server without any expertise
- Free demo version is available to evaluate the features and working of the utility software.
Because of the details given above, it is very clear why you choose the Regain software to import PST to Office 365.
Professional steps to upload PST to Office 365 platform –
Step 1: Download and open Regain PST to Office 365 Migration tool.
Step 2: Click on Add PST Files option, available on the software as shown below in the screenshot.
Step 3: Now choose Office 365 option as Server type and enter the Office 365s’ Credentials (User Email, Password, and Server Name).
Step 4: Click on Connect, (wait until the migration process is running. After the migration process gets completed, click the finish button.
By using the following steps users can simply and perfectly import PST to Office 365.
As in this blog, we have discussed both manual and third-party tools to easily import PST files into Office 365 user account. You can choose any one of the two methods. The manual process has many limitations. So it is best to use the third-party PST to Office 365 migration tool as it has many features and are easy to use.