Published On - November 16, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Office 365 is a cloud-based subscription as a service offered by Microsoft. It is also the fastest-growing product of Microsoft, and users love its advanced features. Its ability to access from anywhere and anytime tilts the market towards it. Apart from this, several other features in Office 365 hold it in high regard. But here, Office 365’s features are not a matter; we’ll walk through how to download Office 365 emails with attachments.
Due to Office 365’s professional fan-base, its mailboxes/emails contain several important and priceless data, which makes downloading emails from Office 365 a necessary task as Office 365 doesn’t store any data copy on a local disk. So, let’s start with the following:
Ways to Download Office 365 emails with attachments
There are two options for downloading emails with attachments from Office 365. One is by using the manual method, which consists of an indirect approach, and the second one is using an automated tool. First, we’ll describe the manual solution, and to make it easy, I’ve divided the process into two phases.
Phase 1: Create Outlook Profile for Office 365 Account
- Open the Outlook desktop application.
- Now go to the File option and click on the Add account option.
- Provide your email address and select Let me set up my account manually option.
- Select Microsoft 365 option in the next wizard.
- Provide Office 365 credentials and other required credentials
- Once done, click on the Finish button, and you will have your Office 365 account configured to Outlook.
Phase2: Download Office 365 emails with attachments using Outlook
- Open Outlook and select emails with attachments.
- Now drag and drop them into the desktop.
- All your emails will get downloaded into a local drive with attachments.
Apart from drag and drop, you can use another process which goes as follows:
- Open Outlook and go to the File.
- Now make click on the Open&Export and select Import/export.
- In the next wizard, click on the Export to a File option.
- Now select Outlook data file.pst or Common separated value (CSV) as a file format.
- Next, select the folder you want to download Office 365 emails with attachments.
- Then, browse the location to save the output file and deal with duplication.
- Now you will have all your emails in CSV or PST file format with attachments.
So it is a manual process to download Office 365 emails with attachments. As you can see, the process is indirect, and you can only download specific emails, making it reliable for professional users. Apart from this, the process will only download emails in PST format, and that only will be accessible in Outlook.
Professionals’ approach to managing Office 365 emails
Several Microsoft MVPs and Office 365 administrator keeps Regain Office 365 backup tool to manage and export Office 365 mailboxes/emails. The tool is the one-stop solution for Microsoft 365 users as it can export Office 365 mailboxes, emails, attachments, and other data without any hassle and technical expertise. Some of this tool’s features are as follows:
- You can add multiple Office 365 mailboxes to the software and export them into desired file formats such as PST, MSG, MBOX, HTML, EML, vCard, etc.
- There is no bar on adding the size of the Office 365 mailbox as a source.
- You can preview every bit of the Office 365 mailbox before downloading it to a local disk or cloud server.
- The user doesn’t need technical expertise to use the software; even a newbie can use the tool.
- Regain Office 365 backup tool is compatible with all Outlook versions. Hence you can export Office 365 data to PST of any Outlook version.
- You can have a free trial of the software and check the software skills and compatibility without making any investment.
- Last but not least, the software works with all Windows operating systems, including the latest Windows 11.
How to download Office 365 emails with attachments using Regain software
The tool is very easy to download and use; you can simply navigate from the dashboard. You only need to make a few clicks and have your data in the desired file format and cloud server. Below is its step-by-step process:
- Install the free Regain Office 365 Backup tool in your system.
- Open it in your system and provide Office 365 credentials.
- Choose emails from the dashboard to download them with attachments.
- Now click on Next from the ribbon bar and select file format to save.
- Following, browse the location to save the resultant File and click Next.
- Now the software will download office 365 emails with attachments in the selected file format.
The process is quite straightforward, and as you can see, even a novice user can accomplish the process without any technical assistance or hassle. Also, no additional set-up or software is required with Regain Office 365 backup tool.
The above article covered both the risk-free automated tool and the manual method to download multiple attachments from Office365. Manually extracting Office 365 attachments is restricted to single or multiple attachments within a single email. Downloading many attachments from Office 365 emails would be a hassle if done manually.
An automated tool has allowed us to break free of the constraints imposed by the manual approach while retaining its advantages. The best course of action is to make use of this programme to back up all of the attachments in your Office 365 account.