Updated On - May 10, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Are you thinking of switching from your Yahoo Mail to a Gmail account? We know that you are experiencing a lot of Yahoo interruptions and may be curious to know whether there is a reasonable alternative approach to Yahoo that can provide you with stronger privacy settings to secure your data.
We believe Gmail is a solution to all of your problems. Gmail’s versatility and ease allow it to be accessed on a variety of devices, in addition to giving the finest protection to safeguard your data.
Do you know about Yahoo’s security exposures that occurred in 2017? It is estimated that over 3 billion Yahoo credentials have been accessed. Following this occurrence, people began to migrate to alternative webmail providers. Many of them canceled their Yahoo accounts and set up new ones with other webmail providers.
Related Blog: How to Backup Yahoo Emails to PC?
Basically, users strongly prefer to migrate to Gmail (also known as Google mail). But they have valuable emails and data on Yahoo. In this case, users don’t need to delete their Yahoo account entirely. They can simply move or transfer their data. This post will teach you how to easily migrate from your Yahoo Mail to a Gmail account. Let’s get started.
Instructions for migrating from Yahoo to Google mail (Gmail) in a step-by-step manner
Migrating or switching to other ones has always been a difficult challenge. Replacing your default email address may not be a straightforward solution. There is sometimes apprehension about losing essential emails while moving email providers. Fortunately, Gmail has made the procedure easier for you.
With the evolution of webmail platforms, Gmail now offers a more simple technique for importing Yahoo messages and contacts to a Gmail user account. Additional email programs, including Yahoo, Hotmail, and other POP3 accounts, can be readily connected to a similar account. Without wasting any time, let’s start the guide for transferring Yahoo emails to Gmail.
Before starting the steps, make sure that the following things are okay for you:
A computer (laptop or PC) with a stable internet connection If you want to do it with a phone or tablet, then this guide isn’t for you.
You must have access to your Google mail (Gmail) account. Create a Gmail account only when you don’t already have one. It is entirely free.
While performing the steps, be aware of not opening the Yahoo account in any browser.
If your scenario is okay with the above three requirements, then start the steps as follows.
1. Launch your browser and navigate to the Gmail webmail.
2. Press on the ‘Settings’ icon (that is also known as a “gear icon”) at the upright corner and click on the “see all settings” button.
3. It will take you to the “General” tab. But find the “Accounts and Import” tab and click on it.
4. Then, in the “Import mail and contacts” section, click on the “Import mail and contacts” link.
5. Afterwards, a pop-up window will appear. Here you need to input your Yahoo email address and click on the “next” button.
6. Then a terms and conditions page will appear. You need to click the “continue” button. You will be sent to the login or sign in page of your Yahoo account as a result of this.
7. Enter your Yahoo email address and press Enter.
8. Proceed after entering the password.
9. Afterwards, choose the “Agree” option. This grants “Shuttle Cloud Migration” permission to move items from Yahoo Mail to Gmail.
10. Exit the page and press the “Continue” button once more.
11. Pick the “Start Import” option from the Panel.
12. When the Yahoo mail and Gmail sync process is completed, you will notice that all your Yahoo emails as well as contacts will be combined with your Gmail account.
Do you need to only migrate Yahoo emails to Gmail?
Many users ask if they only want to transfer emails from Yahoo! Is it possible? Yes, but in that case, there is some difference in the steps. Read them as follows:
Related Post: How to Configure Yahoo Mail to Outlook?
1. Proceed to that same (as the above step) “Accounts and Import” tab in your Gmail webmail.
2. Tap on “Add mail account” as you can see in the below image..
3. In the popup that appears, enter your Yahoo email address and click Next.
4. Tick the “Link accounts with Gmailify” box and then hit Next. You will be sent to the Yahoo login screen.
5. Insert your Yahoo details to gain access.
6. To enable Gmail to obtain your Yahoo email messages, press “Agree“.
7. Select the “Close” button. All of your Yahoo emails will be loaded into the Inbox of your Gmail account.
Are you concerned about your Yahoo mail data?
If you are concerned about data loss during the transition from Yahoo Mail to Gmail, we recommend that you keep a backup of your Yahoo Mail. For this purpose, multiple tricks are available, but we are going to suggest the Regain Yahoo Mail Backup software.
It is professional software that can effectively take a backup of all of your Yahoo mail in multiple formats onto your computer’s local drive. It doesn’t need a little bit of technical expertise at all, and basically, that’s the reason for recommending this tool.