Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail – Fixed
Updated On - February 4, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Apple alone has 588 million users worldwide, and almost every App user (iOS, macOS, iPadOS, and watchOS) uses apple mail as their primary email client. Apart from an Apple account, users can also configure their Gmail account with it. However, sometimes, users face problems like Apple mail not syncing with Gmail due to several instances. It shows the below error:
If you’re also one of those having trouble connecting your Apple mail with your Gmail account, then you’re at the right blog. This blog will show you how to sync your Apple mail to Gmail account without facing any difficulty.
Reasons Why Apple Mail not sync with Gmail
I know this is hard for you, but you must have patience. Since many different things could cause this problem, we can’t fix them all at once. Knowing these reasons can help you figure out how to solve them. Let’s discuss:
- Server Problem: Check to see if the servers are working well.
- Offline Device: Check to see if your device can connect to the Internet. If IMAP is not turn on, it won’t sync.
- Wrong Settings: If the wrong settings are use, the syncing process could be mess up.
- Outdated App: Apps that aren’t up to date may not work well, which can cause problems with sync. So, you should update the app to fix the problem.
You can get a lot of help from all the above causes and simple solutions. Try fixing the above-mentioned causes of the problem before trying anything else.
Related Post: How to Open Outlook PST file in Apple Mail
Still, the question is the same, how to fix Apple mail not syncing with Gmail? So let’s discuss.
Manual Methods to fix Apple mail not syncing with Gmail
For Mac Users
1st Method: Change Gmail’s security settings
Since Google thinks that apps that aren’t made by Google aren’t safe, Gmail can’t connect to them by default. Change the Security Settings to see if that makes Apple Mail sync with Gmail again.
- Click on the link.
- Now click on the Security option on the following page.
- On the Security page that just opened navigates Less secure app access.
- In the same window, click “Turn on access” (not recommended)
- Move the switch to let an app that isn’t as safe.
- Check Apple Mail or Gmail to see if its working now.
2nd Method: Make a Test user on a Mac and log in as it
This is not the best way to fix the Apple mail not syncing with Gmail. But you might be able to figure out the problem. Pursue the below-given process:
- Tap the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the desktop.
- Open System Preferences. Also, you can find System Preferences by clicking Launchpad in the Dock.
- Choose Users & Groups from System Preferences.
- Click the Lock in the bottom left corner, type in the admin password if you’ve set one up before, and click Unlock.
- Tap “+” under the “Login Options” section.
- Make a new test user.
- Click the Apple icon again, choose to Sign Out, and then sign in with the newly created test user.
- Now sign in to your Gmail.
If you can successfully sync Gmail with Mac Mail after taking the steps above, there’s nothing wrong with Mail itself. This problem could be caused by the way some apps act. You can get rid of some recently installed apps that look sketchy.
3rd Method: Close the account and start over
If the first two methods don’t work for you, you can delete your mail account and set it up again. By doing this, all traces of how the account was set up will be gone for good. But don’t worry, your emails and the information on them will still be safe.
Related Article: Steps to Configure Gmail into MS Outlook
For iPhone users
Fix 1: Restart your device
By restarting your device, you can solve 90% of the problems. If your Gmail account isn’t syncing with Mac mail, it could be because your iPhone has some unknown bugs. So all you have to do is turn it off and on again, and then check your email to see if the problem is fixed.
Fix 2: Check the Push Setting
The problem with syncing can be caused by something small, like the wrong Push setting. Many users don’t know that they have to manually turn it on in order for emails to start being synced. So, if you didn’t know before, it’s not too late to learn now.
- Open your device’s settings.
- Go to Mail and click on Accounts.
- Tap Fetch New Data, and then tap your Gmail account.
- Turn on Gmail’s Fetch feature and make sure to check the Automatically box is checked.
How to fix Apple mail syncing with Gmail; if the native solution doesn’t work?
If the above-mentioned solution doesn’t synchronize your Apple mail with Gmail, or you’re afraid that you’ll lose your business-related data, you can opt for an automated Gmail backup tool.
Regain Gmail backup tool is a recommended solution for Gmail users to backup their Gmail emails into Outlook PST, MBOX, PDF, and several other file formats. It is an automated solution that completely eliminates the risk of data loss and doesn’t ask for technical expertise.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
We hope this article helped you fix Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail. If you have any other questions or concerns about the article, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us anytime. Also, you can use Regain Gmail backup tool for free in any windows operating system.
One thought on “Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail – Fixed”
Your explanation style is just awesome! I’ve never had this problem (Apple Mail not syncing with Gmail) before, but I’m sure this guide will be beneficial for others who come across this issue.