Updated On - October 22, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 6 minutes
If you are looking for a solution on How to Import Apple Mail Contacts to Microsoft Outlook, then this article will surely help you to guide and solve your purpose. Apple mail is the default mail client on Mac machine. Microsoft Outlook is a widely-used email application and is a part of Microsoft Office suite. Outlook for Mac creates OLM file format and MS Outlook uses PST file format for saving email data.
Why Import Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook?
There might be different reasons why a Mac user need to export contacts from Apple Mail to Outlook, some of them might be:
- User is moving from Apple-based devices to Windows-based device.
- User is switching from Mac OS to Windows and wants to continue with Outlook as an email client on Windows.
- Mac users need to share contacts from a Mac machine with a Windows platform user.
- Users need to switch from Apple Mail to MS Outlook on the Mac OS itself.
- Need to back up the contacts information.
Manual Method to import Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook
Apple Mail Contacts can be imported to Outlook manually in two ways:
- 1st Method: Export Apple Mail contacts to vCard (VCF) format and then import vCard (VCF) file in Outlook.
- 2nd Method: Convert Apple mail contacts in .CSV format and then import CSV file in Outlook.
First Method: Export Contacts as VCF File
Perform the below steps to convert Apple Mail contacts to vCard (VCF) files:
- Launch Apple Mail, navigate to the Contacts category or select Address Book.
- Navigate to the Contacts → click Preferences → select vCard → uncheck options ‘Export Notes in vCards’ and ‘Export Photos in vCards’.
- Click File → select Export → select ExportvCard → save a vCard with a new name and saving folder.
The vCard gets saved in .VCF file format.
4. To use .VCF format in Windows Outlook, transfer the VCF file from MacOS to Windows platform.
Import VCF File in Outlook
Perform the below steps to import vCard (VCF) files in Microsoft Outlook application:
- Launch Microsoft Outlook → click File.
- Under Open & Export section, click Import/Export.
- Import and Export Wizard appears. Select ‘Import a vCard file (.vcf)’ → click Next.
- Browse the VCF file saved previously → click Open.
It will appear in a separate section that can be seen under Contacts.
Second Method: Import Contacts using CSV Format
Microsoft Outlook can also import contacts from CSV files. So, you can export contacts into a CSV file and then import CSV file into Outlook to add them.
- Launch Apple Mail → navigate to Contacts → select all the contacts that you want to export.
- Copy the contacts.
- Open MS Excel file → paste the contacts into it.
- Remove undesired columns from the Excel file and save the file in CSV format.
- Transfer CSV file from Mac OS to Windows platform.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook → click File.
- In Open & Export section, click Import/Export.
- Import and Export Wizard appears. Select Import from another program or file → click Next.
- Import a File wizard appears. Select Comma Separated Values → click Next.
- Browse the CSV file transferred from Mac OS to Windows platform → select it to import.
- Select any of the three options on how you want to add the contacts:
- Replace duplicates with items imported
- Allow duplicates to be created
- Do not import duplicate items
- Select the destination folder as Contacts folder under your desired email account → click Next.
- Select the checkbox to import desired file in Contacts folder → click Finish.
After import, you can see that imported contacts are moved and are present in the Contacts category.
Limitations of Manual Export/Import Conversion from Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook
Manually export/import conversion from Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook has few limitations, some of them are:
- While transferring files from Mac OS to Windows platform using Flash Drive, Pen Drive, External Hard Drive, etc. may lead to corruption of VCF or CSV file.
- During conversion from Apple Mail to Outlook, structure of file might get changed. This leads to contacts details malformed and unusable.
- Manual method is complex and time taking to follow.
- A single mistake in the steps to follow may corrupt the original contacts file.
Use Professional tool to export Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook
Regain OLM to PST Converter is a professional tool to transfer Apple Mail contacts to Outlook. This third-party professional tool is recommended over the manual methods to import Apple Address Book Contacts to Outlook. The self-descriptive interface of the software makes the conversion process easier even for the non-technical users. The advanced software offers you options to migrate all your Apple Mail OLM file data to cloud server.
Regain OLM Converter tool has no OLM file size limitation such that you can migrate large-sized and also multiple OLM files in a single go. The Add Folder option allows adding multiple Mac Outlook OLM files. What makes it different from other software’s is that it is available as a free to download demo version to let users check its capabilities before purchasing the licensed version. The only limitation with demo versions is that it saves only first 30 items per folder. To save unlimited items per folder, you would need to go for the purchase option.
Salient Features of OLM to PST Converter
- Transfer Apple Mail contacts to Outlook software converts Apple Mail contacts to Outlook in just few clicks.
- Apart from PST format, the Import Apple Address Book Contacts to Outlooksoftware allows saving OLM data in EML, MBOX, EMLX, HTML, vCard, MSG, RTF, MHTML, and PDF files.
- OLM to PST Converter facilitates migrating OLM data to Office 365 account or Live Exchange Server.
- Allows migrating OLM data to cloud servers like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, GoDaddy, Amazon Workmail.
- Selective File Conversion feature allows users to perform the selective conversion of folders instead of whole data.
- Displays preview of all the contacts before converting them to Outlook file.
- Compatible with all versions of Mac Outlook and Windows versions.
- 100% safe and secure to download and install on your computer system.
- Available as free to download demo version.
- Free Lifetime support on purchase.
Just 5 Steps and you are done with Apple Mail Contacts to Outlook Conversion
- Download, install and launch Regain OLM to PST Converter software.
- Browse and select OLM file for conversion.
- Check all the contacts in preview.
- Select Saving format as ‘Save to vCard‘ and select destination path location.
- Click Save Data to save the selected Apple Mail Contacts to vCard (VCF) files which you can easily import into Outlook.
This article is helpful for those users who are looking to export contacts from Apple mail to Outlook. The manual methods to import Apple Address Book Contacts to Outlook have some limitations and may even lead to data loss. Thus, we recommend here to use a professional third-party OLM to PST Converter to transfer Apple Mail contacts to Outlook with complete accuracy. If you want to check the capabilities of Apple Mail to Outlook converter, then you can download the demo version for absolutely free. The demo version comes with only one limitation that it will save only first 30 items per folder. Purchase full licensed version to save unlimited items per folder.