Migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook 365 – Free Guide
Updated On - January 24, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
Mozilla Thunderbird and Outlook 365 both email platform are popular and used all over the world. Sometimes, user wants to move their emails to another email platform due to any reasons. Here we learn, how to migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook 365 by manual ways.
Mozilla Thunderbird is a popular free, open-source, cross-platform email and chat client around the globe and is access by a large number of organizations. It uses MBOX file format to store users’ data.
Outlook 365 is a subscription-based service. It offers software as a service (SharePoint, Skype for Business Server, and hosted Exchange Server) to make the working environment multi-functional and hassle-free.
Benefits of migrating Thunderbird Emails to Outlook 365
- On migrating Thunderbird to office 365, business users using smartphones and tablets for personal and business purposes can access their emails from anywhere and at any time over the Internet, thus offers platform independence.
- Office 365 offers different subscription plans as per users’ requirements.
- On migrating to Office 365, user get unlimited Office applications offered by Microsoft like Skype, Exchange Server, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. for free.
- Office 365 facilitates collaboration, data share, communication, and storage.
- Excellent calendar capabilities for managing tasks on daily basis.
- Comes with improved security and excellent cloud features.
- Cloud facility access on a subscription basis.
- Reliable Microsoft servers guarantees security and data availability.
- Flexibility in the subscription plan allows scaling and a choice of features.
- Allows accessing the application from a range of devices.
Migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook 365 by Manual way
There is no direct way to import Thunderbird emails to Office 365 because it support PST file format. For transferring emails from Thunderbird to Office 365, First user need to export Thunderbird emails to PST file and then Import PST to Office 365 account. Here we explain this process in two steps.
Step 1: Export Thunderbird emails to PST File
- Create a new folder on the system.
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird, open the folder where the emails are store and needs to be migrated.
- Select the emails to be migrate. Click Save As option from the menu.
- Browse the folder (created earlier) to save the emails in it.
Step 2: Import saved PST files into Outlook 365
- Launch MS Outlook application.
- Browse the folder to save the Thunderbird emails or create a new folder.
- Click OK. The created folder will appear on the left side of email application.
- Click the folder to view/open its content at the center panel.
- Drag all the emails from desktop folder to this folder in Outlook.
Method 2: Migrate Thunderbird mailbox to Outlook 365 using IMAP
Perform the below steps to migrate from Mozilla Thunderbird to Office 365 using IMAP:
- Configure a Gmail account in Mozilla Thunderbird using IMAP Server.
- Create a new folder in Gmail and move all emails to be copied in that folder.
- Configure the same Gmail account in MS Outlook (using IMAP or POP).
- Download all the emails in MS Outlook.
- Move the downloaded emails into the connected Office 365 account.
- The data get successfully copied data from Thunderbird to MS Outlook PST file and Office 365 account.
Limitations of Manual Method
- Manual method migrates only limited emails.
- It is time consuming and complex.
- Difficult for non-technical users; requires technical knowledge to perform the Thunderbird to office 365 manual migration process.
- Manual method doesn’t guarantee successful migration, also manual migration doesn’t maintain the folder hierarchy and data integrity.
- Mail formatting and SMTP header gets change in the manual conversion process.
- There are high chances of data loss and human error while performing the manual migration from Thunderbird to Office 365.
- Doesn’t guarantee complete and accurate MBOX to Office 365 migration.
- Time taking and lengthy process.
- High risk of losing some emails during the migration process.
- Not effective for batch migrations.
Professional MBOX to Office 365 Migration Software
The third-party professional Regain MBOX to Office 365 migration software accurately migrates Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX file to Microsoft Outlook 365 platform including all the folders.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $39
- The software migrates MBOX files to Office 365 account in bulk.
- Supports .mbox, .mbx, and .mbs files of several email clients.
- Allows single and selective MBOX file migration.
- Maintains folder hierarchy and structure while performing the migration.
- Displays preview of scanned email items of MBOX file.
- Supports migration of even large-sized MBOX file.
- Supports converting MBOX files of Mac Mail, Eudora, Entourage, SeaMonkey, PocoMail, PowerMail, Webmail,
- Evolution Mail, and Opera Mail and other MBOX clients.
- Offers self-descriptive, easy-to-understand graphical user interface.
- Compatible with all versions of Windows operating system.
- Available as a free to download trial version.
Looking at the advanced features of Microsoft Office 365, organizations using Mozilla Thunderbird are looking for migrating from Thunderbird to Office 365. Migrating emails from Thunderbird to Office 365 is one of the important task for them then. It can be done through manual methods that are found as complex and unreliable. Using professional Thunderbird to Office 365 Migrator is highly recommended.
- Reasons to move from Thunderbird to MS Outlook
- How to Move Thunderbird to a new computer [Emails & Profile]
- Thunderbird Inbox is Full and Can’t Hold Any More Messages
- How to Backup or Save Thunderbird Emails
- Export Thunderbird Contacts to Outlook
- Export Thunderbird emails to Outlook PST
- Import Mozilla Thunderbird mailbox to Gmail
One thought on “Migrate Thunderbird emails to Outlook 365 – Free Guide”
This is an incredibly helpful guide for anyone looking to transfer their emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 365. It is detailed and easy to follow, making this a great resource for anyone needing to make this transition.