Updated On - October 18, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
In order to create a speedy service, Microsoft Outlook creates and saves cache files in your computer. These cache files help Outlook to retrieve files and complete the actions in a quick manner. You can clear your Microsoft Outlook cache to keep the email client running smoothly and efficiently.
Steps to clear Outlook cache files from your system:
- In the navigation pane, press Ctrl+click or right-click the Exchange folder for which you want to empty the cache.
- Click Properties.
- On the General tab, click Empty Cache.
After the folder is empty, Outlook automatically downloads the items from the Exchange Server.
Delete Outlook Cache Files from RoamCache Folder
- Save your work and close Microsoft Outlook application.
- Press Windows key+R to launch Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, enter %localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook and press Enter.
- Double-click the RoamCache folder to view the cache files. Back up the cache files so that you can restore the files if something goes wrong.
- To delete the cache files, select all the files and then press the Delete key.
Outlook automatically makes new cache files when you open Outlook.
Related Blog: How to Fix Outlook Inbox Not Showing all Emails?
Clear Auto-Complete Outlook Cache
If you want to clear the auto-complete cache, either turn off auto-complete so the cached data doesn’t display or delete the auto-complete cache completely.
- Click File tab and choose Options.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, select the Mail tab.
- In the Send messages section, clear the Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names when typing in the To, Cc, and Bcc lines.
- If you want to clear the auto-complete cache, click Empty Auto-Complete List.
- A confirmation dialog box appears, select Yes.
Clear the cache to remove the auto-complete history without disabling the auto-complete feature in Outlook.
- In the Outlook Options dialog box, click OK.
Clear Individual Cache Entries in MS Outlook
- Launch Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click New Email to open the email compose window.
- In the To field, type in the entry that you want removed from the Outlook cache.
- When the entry appears as a suggestion, hover your mouse over it and click X next to the entry to remove the selected entry from the Outlook cache library.
To remove more than one entry, repeat the procedure for each of your entries.
Clear Form Cache in Outlook
- Launch Outlook, click File > Options.
- Under Advanced > Developers section > click Custom Forms.
- In the Options dialog box, click Manage Forms.
- In the Forms Manager dialog box, click Clear Cache to delete your Outlook form cache files.
This article discusses simple steps to clear Microsoft Outlook cache files from your computer system. Follow the simple steps to clear the Outlook cache files and improve the performance and keep email client running smoothly.