Updated On - August 14, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most popular email client that offers amazing and free features to its users. There are circumstances when user need to convert Thunderbird emails to HTML file format. One of such circumstance is viewing Thunderbird emails independent of integrated email client.
Benefits of Exporting Thunderbird Emails to HTML Files
- View images, cards, colors in HTML email.
- Email in HTML format looks more interactive and professional.
- On exporting Thunderbird email to HTML, the email can be viewed on any system having internet connectivity.
- HTML files are editable using a text editor program.
- No need of third-party email platform for viewing emails that are browser compatible.
- No need of an Internet connection to open Thunderbird emails to access them as HTML files.
Steps to Export Single Thunderbird Email to HTML
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird email client.
- Select the email to view as HTML format.
- Click More > select Save as option from the list.
- The Save Message As wizard opens. Provide the destination location, select Save as type as HTML Files.
The selected Thunderbird email get saved as HTML file in the provided location.
Steps to Convert Complete Email Folder to HTML File Format
This method saves emails of an entire folder to HTML file format. It requires ImportExportTools NG add-on installed in Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Launch Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Right-click on the folder whose emails need to export in HTML file format like Inbox, Sent, etc.
- Select ImportExportTools > Export all messages in the folder.
- Select either HTML format or HTML format (with attachments) as per your requirement.
- In Select the destination directory wizard, provide the destination location to save the output HTML files. Click Select Folder.
All the emails of selected mailbox folder get saved in HTML file format in the provided location.
Limitations of Manual Method for Exporting Thunderbird Emails to HTML Files
- Export Single Thunderbird Email to HTML method saves only a single Thunderbird email to HTML format. To convert every Thunderbird email to HTML file, the method needs to be repeated which makes it lengthy and time consuming.
- Export complete Email folder to HTML file format method has limitation that there is no filtering option available for selective conversion from Thunderbird to HTML file format. Also, there are frequent data loss, change in formatting issues associated with this method.
Regain MBOX to HTML Converter software exports data from Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX files to HTML file format in a very efficient manner. Other than HTML file format, the software allows saving the Thunderbird emails in PST, EML, MSG, PDF, EMLX, and MHTML file formats after conversion. The solution allows exporting Thunderbird emails to Cloud Server such as Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, GoDaddy, Amazon Workmail, Office 365, and Microsoft Exchange Server account.
- Add Folder feature allows adding a folder of Thunderbird MBOX files.
- Advanced Search feature allows searching the Thunderbird MBOX files in the computer system.
- Selective Migration feature allows migrating only the selected folders of the Thunderbird mailbox.
- Displays preview of convertible emails before saving to HTML file format.
- No file size limitation for conversion of Thunderbird emails to HTML files.
- Maintains email properties and folder hierarchy while performing the conversion.
- Offers self-descriptive graphical user interface.
- Compatible with all available versions of MS Outlook.
- Available as free to download demo version.
Simple 5 Steps Process to convert Thunderbird Emails to HTML files using Thunderbird to HTML Converter
- Download, install and launch Regain MBOX to PST Converter.
- Browse and select Mozilla Thunderbird MBOX files for converting them in HTML format.
- The software displays preview of scanned mailbox items.
- Provide the destination location for saving the target HTML files.
- Click Save Now to initiate the conversion of Thunderbird emails to HTML files.
The converted HTML files get saved in the provided location of the computer system.
This article discusses the benefits of exporting Mozilla Thunderbird emails to HTML files. To make the Thunderbird emails independent of email client, users intend to convert them to HTML files that can be then accessed through Web Browsers. This article covers manual method for exporting single Thunderbird email to HTML files and steps for exporting complete Thunderbird Email folder to HTML files. The manual steps might be lengthy, time-consuming or there might be chances of data loss or change in formatting issues.
This blog recommends using a professional third-party MBOX to HTML Converter software for accurately exporting Mozilla Thunderbird emails to HTML files. Download the free demo version and check the functionalities of the MBOX to HTML converter software. The demo version allows saving 30 items per folder. To save unlimited items per folder, purchase the full licensed version.