Updated On - August 24, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
MBOX is the file format that stores email client data. Various email clients support MBOX files and save their data in MBOX file format. The supported email clients are:
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is the most effective protocol for receiving email messages from cloud-based servers. Many email applications like MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail, Netscape, Zimbra, SeaMonkey, and others support IMAP protocol for downloading emails from an IMAP server to a local machine.
Benefits/ Need for importing MBOX files to IMAP server
- MBOX files can only be used with the email clients that support them.
- By importing MBOX files to IMAP server, users can access their mailbox data via numerous email applications and web browsers.
- MBOX files allows users to access emails from a single machine using an email client that supports them.
- IMAP email accounts allows users to access their emails from any location and using any device like computer, laptop, mobile, tablet.
- Emails of an email account are automatically backed up to IMAP or cloud, thus, users can get rid of storage space issues in computer systems or local drive.
Import MBOX files to IMAP Server by Using Professional Tool
Regain MBOX to PST Converter migrates MBOX files into cloud servers such as Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, GoDaddy email, Amazon Workmail service, and Live Exchange Server. The software allows its users to add multiple MBOX file for conversion, also users can add large-sized MBOX files to migrate them into IMAP server.
Prominent Features of MBOX to IMAP Migration tool
- Supports converting MBOX files generated by more than 30 email clients.
- Allows saving MBOX files into EML, MSG, PDF, HTML, EMLX, and MHTML file formats.
- The MBOX to IMAP Converter software displays preview of added MBOX files before moving them into IMAP Server.
- Maintains folder structure and hierarchy while performing MBOX to IMAP Server migration.
- Offers split PST option to set a specific file size for the resultant PST file.
- Generates a live log report for the overall MBOX to IMAP migration process.
- Search feature helps locating MBOX files in your computer system.
- The self-descriptive graphical user interface of MBOX to IMAP migration software makes the MBOX to IMAP conversion process easy for non-technical users.
- Compatible with all versions of MS Outlook and Windows operating systems.
- Available as a free to download demo version.
5 Simple Steps to Import MBOX files to IMAP Server
- Download, install and launch MBOX to PST Converter software.
- Click Open and then add the MBOX file folder which you want to import into IMAP Server.
- Display preview of mailboxes after scanning
- Now Click on ‘Cloud Migration‘ button and Select Email platform where you want to import MBOX files data
- Enter Login details to start migration process and displays a live log report for it.
This article discusses about MBOX files, IMAP Server, need for migrating from MBOX files to IMAP Server and the benefits of migrating from MBOX files to IMAP server. In order to perform the accurate and effective MBOX to IMAP migration, it is highly recommended to use a third-party professional Regain MBOX Converter tool. If you want to check the capabilities of the MBOX to IMAP Converter software, you can download the demo version for free. The free demo version has all the features but has a limitation that it saves only 30 items per folder. To save unlimited items per folder, purchase the full licensed version of MBOX to IMAP migration tool.