Updated On - October 13, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 3 minutes
There are many email platforms for communication. Various email clients use different formats to store the emails. Multiple email clients use MBOX as one of the most popular file formats to store email data. More than 20 email clients (like Thunderbird, Eudora, Apple Mail, SeaMonkey, etc.) use this file format. Emails are saved in text format, while attachments are saved in an encoded file type. Because of its text-based structure, the MBOX format offers several advantages, including widespread adoption and simple message navigation. It is, however, a platform-dependent type. However, if you want to import mbox files to MS Outlook, you’ll need to convert MBOX files to Outlook PST file format.
Why do users import MBOX files into Outlook?
As the MBOX format is supported by more than 20 email clients, different email client users can face multiple problems, which is why there are multiple reasons why users prefer to export MBOX files into Outlook.
Besides having some extra facilities in Outlook, users prefer to perform the conversion. Several Thunderbird MBOX users migrate their mailboxes since Thunderbird has a spam filter feature, whereas Outlook provides comprehensive spam protection and assists in the prevention of phishing scams.
Related Blog: How to Export MBOX to PST Manually
Microsoft Outlook users create elaborate rules to quickly organize their mail and process them, which Thunderbird lacks. Then the tasks and calendar features are missing from Thunderbird and some other email clients. As a result, many users prefer to use Outlook, and that’s why they import MBOX files into Outlook PST file.
4 Ways to Import MBOX to Outlook
There are some manual and automated methods to import MBOX into Outlook. This article will walk you through the best three manual methods for importing MBOX to Outlook PST and one automated method using Regain MBOX to PST Converter. Keep reading; the processes are given below.
1st. Using Email Clients, Convert MBOX to Outlook PST
As it is a completely manual process, it is divided into 4 easy steps so that you can easily apply and perform the conversion. But remember, you need to install multiple email clients on your device.
- First, export email data in MBOX format through Thunderbird.
- Then import MBOX files from Thunderbird to Eudora.
- After that, move the.mbox files from Eudora to Outlook Express.
- Lastly, import those files from Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook.
After applying the easy 4 steps, you will get your.mbox files converted into outlook.pst files.
2nd. Just Drag and Drop to Import MBOX to Outlook
- To begin with, install and use Outlook in order to view the MBOX file.
- Afterwards, in Thunderbird, select the email location to store them in the EML format.
- Create a new folder in Outlook for importing these selected emails.
- Drag and drop the EML file types from your local disk into Outlook.
3rd. Set up Gmail IMAP to import huge MBOX files into Outlook PST.
Before starting the process, you need to remember that it is necessary to install Thunderbird and Outlook on your device.
- Sign in to your Gmail.
- Press the gear symbol, then go to the Gmail homepage, enter Gmail settings, and select “Forwarding and POP/IMAP option.”
- Select the IMAP feature to activate it.
- Setup the IMAP account and click the “Save Changes” button.
After doing the above process, you need to run Thunderbird on your device.
- The “Mail Account Setup” pop-up window now appears. Put in the vital details and press the “Continue” button.
- Select the “Manual configuration procedure” option and activate the IMAP tick-box.
- Put all the details for incoming and outgoing like in the picture below and click on the retest button.
- Tasks will be completed after submitting the proper information. Select “Create a new account” instantly.
- Next, after opening any email message, validate your Gmail account from Thunderbird.
- To import MBOX files to Outlook, just drag and drop it into your Gmail inbox.
4th. Import MBOX to Outlook by using Regain MBOX Converter tool
It is a completely automated process. As you can see, the above-described manual processes are too lengthy and stressful to perform, so an inexperienced user can’t do them so easily. Therefore, software is very effective for this purpose.
You don’t need to install multiple email clients, and you don’t need to follow the lengthy process. Just install the Regain MBOX to PST Converter software. Convert your signal or multiple MBOX files in a few clicks and use them in MS Outlook without fear of data loss. Regain MBOX Converter tool allow user to import MBOX files to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, PST, EML, MSG and many more email format. To check software features, Go through free version.
How to use Regain MBOX to PST Converter to import MBOX files to Outlook?
The conversion steps are so easy, and it’s just a matter of a few single clicks. Keep reading, you will get the step by step process below.
- To begin, install the Regain MBOX to PST Converter on your device.
- Browse and add the MBOX files.
- After that, you will get a preview of the scanned files.
- Select your required file format (for now, PST) and save location.
- Lastly, wait a while for the conversion process to be completed and then click on the save button.