Updated On - November 27, 2023 by Savita Sharma |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Summary: Microsoft has never left any stone unturned to upgrade its versions and introduce some latest features for the users. But as and when the new versions come up, it becomes difficult to sync the older versions such as MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365. But it’s not completely impossible. Here we discuss the methods to configure MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365. We also have a professional method in store for you.
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud based toolkit that offers multiple applications for the users. From word-processing applications to spreadsheets, presentations, and video-conferencing, it has got everything. It has become the most go to toolkit for businesses and professionals as they have every application under one package. One can edit, share and format documents on a real time basis and this ends up providing a seamless working experience.
That is the reason why users configure their MS Outlook accounts with Microsoft Office 365. This helps them to stay connected and share information easily. In fact, there are many advantages of synchronizing MS Outlook with Microsoft 365. While the latest versions of MS Outlook can easily be configured with Microsoft Office 365, it is a bit challenging for MS Outlook 2007 users. Here we discuss the uses of such configuration and the methods to configure MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft Office 365.
Benefits of Configuring MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365
Here are many benefits of configuring MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft Office 365.
- It provides access to a whole range of applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, OneDrive and SharePoint.
- It streamlines work and makes it easier to manage.
- It improves collaboration and productivity.
- It interlinks the applications for a real time working experience.
- It adds to the flexibility, mobility and scalability of data.
- It is really cost effective.
- It offers advanced security features and complies with the latest data protection regulations.
Methods to configure MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365
Method 1: Setup Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365 Using Control Panel
- Login to Office 365.
- Click on MS Outlook.
- Click on Help and then click on About.
- Here you will find the hostname and the server name.
- Now click on Start and then go to the Control Panel. Click on Mail.
- Select Show Profile and then go to Add.
- Give a profile name, and then click the OK.
- Click on Manually configure server settings to select the check box followed by next.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange, followed by Next.
- Put the server name in the server box.
- Make sure to select Use Cached Exchange Mode
- Enter the Username and click on More Settings.
- Click on the Connection tab.
- Ensure to check the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box and then click on the Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Enter the proxy server URL into the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange
- Ensure that Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate box is also selected, followed by typing msstd: outlook.com.
- Click On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP to select this check box, then on slow network, select Connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP
- Select Basic Authentication under Proxy Authentication.
- Click OK twice.
- Check the NAMES of the server and user name and then proceed further.
- Click on Finish.
There is yet another method to configure MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft Office 365. Let us know more about it.
Method 2: Configure Outlook 2007 with Microsoft 365 Using MS Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook, go to Tools, then choose Account Settings, and click New.
- Choose the first option Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP.
- Enter the Name, email address, password, retype password of Microsoft 365 account. Click Next.
- In the Server Information, choose Account Type as IMAP/POP/SMTP, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, and the Log on information.
- Click More Settings and input the details in the Output server tab, then go to the Advanced tab and input the ports here.
- Apply all the changes and check if MS Outlook 2007 has connected with Microsoft 365.
These are the manual methods to configure MS Outlook 2007 with Microsoft Office 365. But we understand that these methods are very complicated to implement. But here is a great substitution to this method. With Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool, we can make it happen.
Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool: The Perfect Tool for Configuration
Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool is the best and the easiest way to configure MS Outlook 2007 to Microsoft Office 365. It is a great tool for the beginners who do not have any knowledge about MS Outlook. It comes with an easy interface and allows you to automatically configure MS Outlook with Microsoft Office 365.
Steps to configure with Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool
- Download and launch Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool.
- Now, open the software and Add the PST files that you want to configure with Microsoft Office 365.
- Click on Connect and login to Office 365.
- The software automatically syncs with the PST folder with Office 365.
- The Tool displays a live log report to let us know the status of the configuration.
We have discussed multiple methods to make you understand that your MS Outlook 2007 can also work with Microsoft Office 365. But even if you find them difficult to implement then you can definitely try Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. This will easily help you carry your work without any hassles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1. Is there also a need to update the Office 365 versions as in Exchange?
Ans. No, there is no need to update Office 365 version. As a cloud-based software, it always remains updated; hence, there is no downtime with Office 365.
Ques2. If I migrate my Outlook PST file to Office 365, will I get the same folder hierarchy and email structure?
Ans. Yes, your data integrity will remain intact with the Regain PST to Office 365 Migration Tool. Your data will migrate speedily with total efficiency and ensure originality.
Ques3. Our organization has several PST files; can we add all PST files with Regain’s migration tool?
Ans. Yes, with the advanced tool, you can add multiple PST files for the migration. It saves users time and work.
Ques4. Before moving forward with the final purchase, I want to test. Is that possible?
Ans. Yes, it is possible to try the tool before purchasing the license. Just install the software and run your migration task. The free trial version allows the migration of 30 items per folder. There is no limitation with the full version.