Published On - November 20, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
Summary: If you are willing to learn about OFT files and the ways how you can create OFT file in MS Outlook, then this is the guide for you. Towards the end of the blog, we will also discuss some professional solutions that will ease your burden.
An OFT file, also known as an MS Outlook File Template is a pre-designed template that is used for creating emails, calendars, journals and tasks. This OFT file can be customized to make a standard format. You can add headers, footers, subject line, CC and BCC fields including the task information in these OFT files. It saves a lot of time and energy in doing repetitive tasks.
Importance of an OFT file
There are many advantages of an OFT file. Here are some of them summarized for you:
- They reduce effort to send emails to multiple persons.
- They make the content beautiful and engaging.
- They are useful for sending appointment reminders, emails and notes to many users repeatedly.
- They are easy to create.
- They help the users to focus on the content of the files than their formats.
Now that we know the importance of OFT files, here is a quick way to create one in MS Outlook.
How to create an OFT file in MS Outlook?
Here are the steps with the help of which you can create an OFT file in MS Outlook.
- Launch MS Outlook on your system & choose New Email.
- Enter the different fields in the new email window.
- Next, click the File button on the menu bar.
- Click Save As & choose Outlook Template (.oft).
- lick Save to store the created template.
Once you have created an OFT file with the help of these steps above, you can now send emails with these files. Here is a quick tutorial to guide how to send an email with OFT files.
Sending an email with an OFT file.
The pre-designed templates in the form of the OFT files can now be used to send emails. You don’t need to make any efforts to format your emails now. All you need to do is to fill the information in these already designed and formatted OFT files.
Here are the steps to send an email using the OFT files.
- Open and run your MS Outlook and select the Developer option on the Menu Bar.
- If you are not able to find the developer option, then right-click anywhere on the Menu Bar and select the Customize the Ribbon option.
- Upon doing that, check the box for developer options and click OK and you will see the Developer option on your Menu Bar.
- Now, click on Developer options >> Choose Form.
- Choose the User Template in the File System Option from the dropdown menu and click on the open button to continue.
- Next, select an OFT file and click on the Open button.
- Afterward, you will see an email message template that you can proceed to customize and send to people.
We have discussed the process of sending OFT files to users. However, what if a non-MS Outlook user is asked to send these OFT files. There is nothing to worry about as there is a solution for this aspect as well.
Regain PST converter – A professional solution
This Regain PST Converter tool is very helpful to convert these OFT files into multiple formats such as PST, HTML, DOC, EML, MSG etc. This tool is very helpful for all the users who are looking forward to sending these emails to non-MS Outlook users. This tool comes with an easy interface. It helps the users to convert their files without any data loss. It retains the structure of the data as well. This particular tool is very helpful to maintain the integrity of data.
It allows the users to preview the files while converting them. Users can pause and resume the process whenever they want. In fact, with the help of this tool, users do not have to redo the entire exercise of designing the OFT files once again. This tool is compatible with all the versions of the Windows Operating system.
We have exhaustively provided a solution for creating the OFT files in MS Outlook and even sending emails with the help of these files. These files are very helpful in reducing your work in a professional setting. Even if you have to send these files to different email clients, then also we have provided a tool that will automatically convert these files to the desired format.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1. Is it possible to edit the OFT files?
Ans. Yes, once you have created your OST files, you can edit them as many times you want and save the settings so that it applies to future templates.
Ques2. How is an OFT file helpful in reducing work?
Ans. An OFT file is a pre-designed file template. It can be used for sending emails, tasks, journals and other types of files. As a result, the need of formatting the similar files again and again reduces to a great extent.