Published On - September 23, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Summary: If you use MS Outlook, then you might be conversant with the fact that it is often not able to connect to the Proxy Server. This results in different types of errors that hinder the smooth functioning. But there is nothing to worry about as it can be solved through some easy solutions. Here we will discuss not only the manual solutions but also the professional solution to fix this issue.
MS Outlook is one of the most essential email clients that help us to exchange information personally and professionally. In fact, it updates and refreshes our information on a real-time basis so as to keep us connected. This happens because MS Outlook establishes a connection with the Exchange Server through HTTPS or RPC. This connection is configured with the help of some SSL certificates. These certificates help to secure the entire connection and protect our data from unauthorized encroachment. But at times, these certificates fail to sync with the server and as a result, users face different types of errors.
Types of errors
Here are common types of errors that users often face due to the failure of the certificates to sync with the server.
- Error Message-1: MS Outlook is not able to connect with the server.
- Error Message-2: The name on the security certificate does not match the name of the target site.
- Error Message-3: The name on the security certificate is invalid.
- Error Message-4: The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.
So, if you are experiencing any of these errors, then you must immediately undertake some of the methods which have been discussed here. But before that, we will discuss about the common reason behind this error.
Reasons behind the error
There are different reasons behind this error. Some of them are given as follows:
- The Certification Authority is not available.
- Failure to connect with the server.
- Invalid or canceled certificate.
- Unauthorized intervention of third-party add-in.
Methods to fix ‘MS Outlook is not able to connect to the proxy server’ error
Here are some of the methods to fix this error in a hassle-free manner.
Solution 1: Check Certificates
- Open Microsoft Internet Explorer and then connect to any secure and trustworthy server.
- Press Enter key.
- You will find the padlock icon. Double-click on it and select the Details tab.
- Note the information from Valid to and Subject fields.
Solution 2: Install Trusted Root Certificate
Many times, users get prompted with the error notification that the security certificate is not from a trusted authority, and then in such a situation, you need to install this trusted root certificate once again. Here are the steps for the same:
- In the Certificate dialogue box, click on Install Certificate option. Click on Next to proceed.
- Check the box ‘Place all certificate’ in the dialog box.
- Click Browse to select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click on OK. Click on Next to proceed further.
- Click on the Finish button once the process has ended.
- Click on OK.
Solution 3: Turn-off third party add-in
We have already mentioned that faulty third-party add-ins can be a reason due to which MS Outlook is not able to connect to the server. Here are the ways to turn off the faulty add-ins.
- Close MS Outlook and press Windows + R to open Run window.
- In the Run search bar type “outlook.exe /safe” and click on OK.
- If you can operate the safe mode without any issue that means the problem is with the third-party add-ins.
- To disable third-party add-ins, go to the File option on the top of the MS Outlook screen.
- Select Options from the file menu and click on Add-ins.
- Locate the manage Box and click on the COM Add-ins.
- Click on Go to move further.
- Do you see the checkbox next to the third-party add-ins? Clear that.
- Restart MS Outlook.
Solution 4: Regain OST File Recovery Software: An automatic solution to this issue
If you are continuing to face this issue despite undertaking every solution, then you can try your hands on Regain OST File Recovery Software. This is one of the best tool that one can ever come across to solve the problem. It helps the users to repair the damaged and corrupt OST files. Many times, these damaged files are the biggest reason behind this error. This automatically repairs the permanently deleted files so that they can function properly. It exports them to formats such as PDF, MSG, EML, OLM, MBOX and PST. It works well with every version of Windows OS.
With this information, one can be in the position to understand the basic concepts easily and fix the error without any help. But even if you are not able to rely on these methods, then Regain OST File Recovery Software is the finest tool you can ever get.