Updated On - October 26, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you are looking for a solution to Add or Setup Amazon WorkMail to MS Outlook, you are at right place. Here we explain all steps in details. Let’s start
Amazon WorkMail is a business email and calendar service that is safe, managed, and works with desktop and mobile email clients. Amazon WorkMail lets users easily access their email, contacts, and calendars through the client application of their choices, such as Microsoft Outlook, the email apps that come with iOS and Android, or any other client application that supports the IMAP protocol. They can also use a web browser.
You can connect Amazon WorkMail to your existing corporate directory, use email journaling to meet compliance requirements, and have full control over both the encryption keys and the location where your data is store. You can also set up Amazon WorkMail to work with Microsoft Exchange Server and use the Amazon WorkMail SDK to manage users, groups, and resources programmatically.
Related Blog: How to Configure Yahoo Mail to Outlook?
Several people want to set up their Amazon Workmail account to the Outlook email client to send and receive emails more easily. Trying to figure out how to set up Amazon Workmail in Outlook! If so, you don’t have to go anywhere else. Here, we talk about the best and most effective ways to set up the Amazon Workmail to Outlook process.
Amazon WorkMail and Outlook: What You Need to Know
Amazon WorkMail is an email service that works like other email programs. It lets you send and receive emails, manage contacts, and share your calendars. Amazon WorkMail lets you get to your emails and other data from different desktop applications, email apps that work on iOS and Android, or web browsers.
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email program and Personal Information Manager that lets users send and receive emails and manage contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, journals, and much more. Since its first version, Outlook 97, came out 20 years ago, the program always update with new features and has never looked back. Thanks to the new features in the latest version of Outlook 2019, the application is now more powerful.
Related Post: How to Configure Gmail into MS Outlook?
Why should you move the Amazon WorkMail database to Outlook?
There are many reasons why people want to move files from Amazon Workspace to Outlook. Here are a few of them:
- By default, AWS has set a limit on the number of resources that can be used, and this limit is different in different regions.
- Due to some security concerns, AWS only offers fix features that can’t be changed at all.
- AWS charges its users for the technical support help it gives them. Fees depend on which package you choose: Developer, Business, or Enterprise.
- Since Amazon WorkMail is still in its early stages and is called a preview, it will take a little more time for it to compete with its main rival, Microsoft.
Related Blog: Manual Steps to Configure Office 365 Account in Outlook
How to setup Amazon Workmail to Outlook?
There are several ways to set up or add Amazon AWS Workmail to Outlook, such as the manual method or third-party Email Backup Software. Both can be done and fit the needs of the person doing them. In the first part, we talked about the steps of a manual procedure. In the next part, we’ll talk about professional and recommended utilities.
How to manually setup Amazon WorkMail into Outlook?
By setting up your Amazon Workmail account in Outlook Windows 10, you can manually connect Amazon Workmail to Outlook. Follow the steps below to do the same thing:
- Open Control Panel > Mail (32-bit) with a double-click. In the Mail Setup – Outlook window, click Show Profiles. Now under Mail, tap on Add.
- Type a name in the Profile Name field under the New Profile window and click OK.
- Now, put all of your information, such as your name, Amazon Workmail email address, password, and password confirmation, in the text boxes provided and click Next.
- Outlook will start setting up your account, and when it’s done, it will say, “Your account is ready to use.” Click Finish to finish setting up the computer.
Why the manual way is not the best solution
- If you want to sync your Amazon Workmail emails with Outlook, you need an active Amazon WorkMail account. If you don’t have an active Amazon WorkMail account, you won’t be able to access your Amazon WorkMail in Outlook.
- The synchronization process also requires an internet connection, and any changes you make to the Amazon WorkMail app will automatically show up in Outlook.
- You might need to move your emails from Amazon WorkMail to Outlook if your network goes down, malware attacks happen, or your software or hardware breaks down, among other things.
- AWS is still in its early stages, so many users want to use apps that are more reliable. And when it comes to reliability, nothing beats Microsoft Outlook, which is one of the best and most popular email programs.
Related Post: Configure AOL Mails to Outlook
Professional’s choice to setup Amazon Workmail to Outlook
By keeping the above points in mind, it is better to use an automated tool such as Regain Amazon Workmail Backup tool.
The software is coded by professionals, and for professionals, several professionals recommend and use this tool to protect their Amazon Workmail Backup data into local drive and Outlook PST format.
It’s convenient GUI makes this tool a must-have utility for Amazon Workmail users as it allows you to simply export your Amazon Workmail data into PST, EML MSG, MBOX, and several other file formats. There are several advanced features in the tool which make this tool stand above the competition. Let me explain its hasty process so you can use this tool’s free version and examine its functionality.
Export Amazon Workmail into Outlook PST format
- Step1: Install and open the Regain Amazon Workmail backup tool.
- Step2: Provide your Amazon Workmail credentials and click Connect to server option.
- Step3: Select folders that you want to export into Outlook PST format and choose a file format.
- Step4: At last, click the Next button, and the software will start exporting your data into PST format.
So, as you can see, the software will provide all your Amazon Workmail emails in Outlook PST format in just 4steps. So you must use its free version once before making any decision.
Having server data on a local disk is always a good move, as you can need your data anytime. Regain Amazon Workmail Backup tool is the best solution for AWS users to keep their data on a local disk on a hard drive.