Updated On - August 22, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Individuals that are involved in frequent email exchanges will find Microsoft 365 to be an excellent platform. Through the Outlook application, which integrates with their Office 365 subscription, Office 365 customers may manage their mailboxes in Outlook. This allows them to conveniently view and react to email messages. It also enables users to much more easily organize and handle emails, as well as work offline. If you are reading this article, it means you are in need to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook. Don’t worry! Keep reading; we will discuss the manual as well as free-of-cost techniques and professional ways to configure Office 365 Account in Outlook.
How to Configure your Office 365 account in Outlook
Actually, the manual setup approach for other email servers in Outlook is nearly identical, but in this post, our major focus is on the setup of an Office 365 account in Outlook. Before starting, you must know that Outlook editions prior to Outlook 2010 do not facilitate the setup or configuration of a Microsoft 365 account. Here, as follows, we have discussed the configuration process of the 2016 and 2013 editions.
Related Blog: How to Upload PST to Office 365
Advantages of Configuring an Office 365 Account in Outlook
- Better Organization: Outlook offers various tools and features that can help you organize your emails more efficiently. You can create folders, apply filters, and use rules to sort your messages automatically. You can also use the calendar and task list to manage your schedule and to-do list.
- Enhanced Security: Outlook provides advanced security features that can help protect your Office 365 account from cyber threats, such as phishing and malware. It also offers two-factor authentication, which adds an extra layer of protection to your login process.
- Offline Access: By configuring your Office 365 account in Outlook, you can access your emails, calendar, and contacts even when you are not connected to the internet. Outlook stores a local copy of your data on your computer, allowing you to work offline and sync your changes later.
- Improved Collaboration: Outlook allows you to share your calendar and contacts with other Office 365 users, making it easier to collaborate and schedule meetings. You can also use the “People” feature to view your colleagues’ contact information and update your own profile.
Manual Steps to Setup your Office 365 account in Outlook 2013
- Firstly, ensure that the MS Outlook program is not open. If so, shut down or leave the program.
- Tap the Windows key along with the R key at a time on your keyboard and input “Control Panel” into the empty box. Then just hit the OK icon and, as a result, the run command will be executed.
- Actually, you need to access the control panel on your device. You can access it in any other way that makes you feel better.
- In your device’s Control Panel find and double press the right button over the “Mail” choice.
- The Mail Configuration window will be shown. Select the “Show Profiles” choice.
- To add a new profile to your account, go to the Mail tab and select the Add button.
- Next, type in the new profile title and press OK.
- Choose “Manual setup” or more server types on the “Add Account” screen, then press “Next”.
- Hit Next after selecting MS Exchange Server or a suitable server.
- Enter “outlook.office365.com” in the empty field for the Server choice, and your Office 365 account email address field for the User name. If you wish to view email while Outlook is offline, click the box. Select “More Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Security” tab. Uncheck the box next to “Encrypt data between MS Outlook and MS Exchange.” Choose the ‘Anonymous Authentication’ option underneath Login ‘Network Security’ to always request user login information.
- Then, on the exact screen, go to the “Connection” tab. Then, select the Exchange Proxy Configuration option.Insert “outlook.office365.com” into the “Use this URL to connect my proxy server for Exchange” area on the displayed MS Exchange Proxy Settings screen.
- Tick the “Connect using SSL only” checkbox. Afterwards, tick the “Only connect to proxy servers with this name in their certificate” box and enter “msstd: outlook.com.” Choose both of the selections for “fast” and “slow” networks. Choose “Basic Authentication” and press OK for the next step.
- Hit the OK button. When the Add Account window appears, press Next to proceed.
- Therefore, specify login details in the pop-up that asks for Microsoft 365 credentials in the pop-up. Then press the OK button.
- Lastly, press the Finish button.
- You may make this newly created profile your default by choosing it. Always select this profile choice, or you will be prompted to utilize this account within the Mail screen.
As a result, the Office 365 account is set up with the Outlook program and will be operational within a short period of time.
Steps to configure Office 365 account in Outlook 2016
Basically, the initial steps for both the Outlook 2013 and 2016 editions are the same. You need to reach the “add new profile name” option, same as in steps 5–6 for the Outlook 2013 edition, and whenever the new window appears, follow the steps as shown below.
- The “Add Account” wizard will appear after selecting the “Manual setup or additional server types” option. Choose the Office 365 choice, input the account’s email ID, and then hit the Next button.
- After just a short time, the “autodiscover.xml” box will appear. Enter your Office 365 details, such as your usernames and passwords, and then tap Next.
- The following screen will show that the setting of the Office 365 account in MS Outlook was successful. To finalize the setup, hit the Finish icon.
A professional solution for setting up an Office 365 account in Outlook
Without struggling with the huge manual steps, you can easily Backup Office 365 data files into Outlook PST format. Then easily import it into Outlook and that’s it. For this purpose, we think the Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool is the best professional solution you can afford.
In comparison to the manual steps, this tool is more effective, quick, accurate, and reliable. This is the best opportunity for both professional and inexperienced people.
- Instantly Backup Office 365 account on your system
- Allow to Backup Office 365 emails in many other email formats such as PST, MSG, MBOX, EML, EMLX etc.
- Allow backup of Selective mailbox as well
- No skill is require to access this tool
- It is available with free version, allow to backup 30 items per folder at free of cost
Configuring your Office 365 account in Outlook is a simple process that can provide numerous benefits. By using Outlook to manage your emails, you can stay organized, secure, and productive. You can access your emails and calendar offline, collaborate with your colleagues more effectively, and enjoy a better email experience overall. If you haven’t already configured your Office 365 account in Outlook, we highly recommend that you do so to take advantage of these benefits.