Updated On - December 10, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Summary: In this article, I will present the manual procedure that will aid you in the conversion of Apple Mail MBOX file into Microsoft Outlook PST format. To make this manual process simple for non-technical users, I’ve provided the step-by-step procedure that will help you implement the method. In this article, you’ll discover an automated method to export your Apple Mail’s MBOX files into PST file.
Microsoft Outlook is a Windows-based email client for Windows. It comes with a number of amazing features that attract users in a large way. Today, people prefer Microsoft Outlook more as compared to other email applications. Additionally, many other factors can be the reason why users are switching from the macOS-based Apple Mail to MS Outlook. If you’re using the Apple Mail email client and saves mailbox information in .mbox format and you can’t open them in MS Outlook. In this scenario, you will need to export Mac Apple Mail mailbox into Outlook PST format.
It is not an easy job to export the mailbox information in Apple Mail to Outlook PST. This is because each of the MBOX as well as PST formats have some distinctions. The difference is the fact that Microsoft Outlook stores their files in PST format, while MBOX format files are generated by numerous email applications such as Apple Mail, Mozilla Mail, Netscape, Opera Mail, Eudora, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Spicebird, Entourage, Claws Mail, Mulberry, Pocomail, Evolution, Sylpheed and many more. So, in any circumstance when you have transfer Apple Mail data to Outlook it is necessary to convert MBOX to PST file format.
Try Regain Opera Mail to Outlook Converter tool to import Opera Mailbox data to PST format. Download Here
Here, I’m giving two solutions that are extreme for exporting Apple Mail data to MS Outlook.
How to Export Apple Mail to MS Outlook?
Before beginning the manual procedure, We would suggest not to miss creating an archive of the Apple Mailbox. To make this completely manual procedure easier for less-technical users, we’ve provided this procedure in step-by-step to assist you in doing this conversion of Apple Mail to Outlook process.
Step 1: First of all, you need to import MBOX file in your Apple Mailbox. To import your previous emails, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, launch Apple Mail in your system.
- Click on File Then click on the option to import mailboxes..
- You must select the appropriate program or file you would like to transfer your emails. Select the option ‘mbox’ and press continue.
- The next step is to search for the file in the place where the file was saved. Select that MBOX file you want to transfer. Click Select.
- In this window, you must select the files you wish to transfer. Click Continue to proceed to the next page.
- Then click Next until the process is completed After that, click Done to complete the process.
- Now , you can add email messages to The Apple Mail’s Mailbox section.
In this case, you’ll require Eudora Windows’s version of the email client to continue the exporting. It isn’t possible to transfer you Apple Mail to MS Outlook directly. First you’ll need Eudora to create your mailbox. Then, you’ll require Outlook Express to import converted files. After that, you need to import the mailbox you created in Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook. If Eudora isn’t installed on your system, then you will must download it and install it into your system. Once you have installed Eudora properly on your PC then follow the steps below:
2. Make use of Eudora to export MBOX files
- In the beginning, you must be a part of the MBOX extension that you imported. In this case, for example, if the title is “MyMBOX”, then rename it to “MyMBOX.mbx “.
- Now, you can place the file. For instance, “MyMBOX.mbx” in the directory where you store the files.
- Open Endora on your system to create a mailbox. then, select the MyMBOX.mbx file, and close the Eudora application once you have done this.
3. Make use of Outlook Express to import your MBOX files
- Open Outlook Express. Go to File and click Import and then Messages.
- Select Eudora from the dropdown and click Next to continue this procedure.
- You must browse the location of the file to which you transferred MyMBOX.mbx previously. Click on Ok.
- Then Click Next and then again until you reach the End option is selected.
- Finally, click the Finish button in order to complete the procedure.
Within Outlook Express, you can locate the mailbox section imported within the local Folder.
Step 4: Make use of Microsoft Outlook to import your Mailbox information
- First, open MS Outlook on your system. Go to File and click Open.
- Then, select the Import option and proceed into the Import and Export wizard.
- This is where you select “Import Internet Mail and Addresses” from the drop-down menu. Select Next to continue.
- Select Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x one of them, as well as Windows Mail from the option. After that, click next button.
You can now search the mailbox you imported into MS Outlook. The folder is accessible within your Outlook currently as it is a “Personal Folder”.
For the non-professional user, this manual approach is a bit difficult and challenging to export Apple Mail data to MS Outlook If you’re not a technical person, you should consider more experienced and professional methods for exporting Apple Mail to Outlook. Most of the time, manual methods are complicated and time-consuming to execute and in some cases, it can affect the original data and cause them to not function properly. Therefore, make sure to create a backup copy of the Original prior to beginning any manual process. In any case, if there is a mistake you make during the process could restore it using the backup file you created earlier.
Professional tool to export Apple Mail to Outlook PST file
If the method described above does not work or fails, then you can try professional methods. It is secure and efficient in converting MBOX documents into PST files. You can download any no-cost edition of MBOX to PST converter software to convert MBOX files to PST format. If you switch from Mac system to Windows system, Eudora to Outlook, Thunderbird to Outlook, Entourage to Outlook or any other email client that supports MBOX format. This MBOX to PST converter is the best option for you; according to your needs, with this, you can export or repair corrupted files also. You can also convert MBOX files into other formats like HTML, EML, MSG, and RTF formats. This tool allows users to migrate MBOX files to Office 365 account or Exchange Server. With the demo version, you can save your first 30 email messages in your PST file. At the same time, you can select single and multiple MBOX files also.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $29