Updated On - October 25, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
When a user tries to upgrade from Outlook 2007 to 2010, he usually runs into these kinds of errors. DLL stands for “Dynamic Link Library.” During the installation of MS Outlook 2007, a DLL file is made. If you get these kinds of errors, your PC is missing the olmapi32.dll file. So, there are some easy ways to fix the olmapi32 DLL error quickly. I’ll make it easy for you because I’ll tell you exactly what to do at each step.
This file is made to hold small bits of MS Outlook code that help the application run. Even PST files have the same problem. Scanpst.exe is a built-in tool from Microsoft that can fix damaged PST files. When a user tries to fix a PST file with this utility, they may run into an olmapi32.dll error.
I won’t go into detail about this error. Let’s get right to the question of how to fix it.
Typical OLMAPI32.DLL Errors
The problems with OLMAPI32.DLL in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 are: “OLMAPI32.DLL is missing.”
- “Missing OLMAPI32.DLL.”
- “Access Violation to OLMAPI32.DLL.”
- “Cannot register OLMAPI32.DLL.”
- “Can’t find C:WindowsSystem32OLMAPI32.DLL.”
- “Can’t load Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 because the required OLMAPI32.DLL file is missing. Put Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 back on your computer.”
- “OLMAPI32.DLL could not be found. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 failed. Put Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 back on.”
Problems with Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 OLMAPI32.DLL can happen during installation, while OLMAPI32.DLL-related software is running, when shutting down or starting up, or, less often, when updating the operating system. Please write down how often you see the OLMAPI32.DLL error so that you can fix Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 and help Microsoft find the cause.
Where OLMAPI32.DLL problems come from
Most of the time, the problem is caused by a missing or broken OLMAPI32.DLL file. Since OLMAPI32.DLL is an external file, there is a good chance that something bad will happen.
When Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 shuts down unexpectedly, gets a virus, or has other problems, OLMAPI32.DLL can become damaged. When your OLMAPI32.DLL file is broken, it can’t be loaded correctly, and an error message will appear.
Problems with OLMAPI32.DLL can also be caused by bad references to Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 in the Windows registry. Broken DLL file references can stop your DLL file from registering properly, giving you an OLMAPI32.DLL error. Broken OLMAPI32.DLL file path references can be caused by things like old Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or OLMAPI32.DLL registry keys, moved or missing OLMAPI32.DLL, and bad installations or uninstallations.
In particular, OLMAPI32.DLL problems are caused by:
- An invalid (corrupt) entry in the registry for OLMAPI32.DLL.
- Malware got into OLMAPI32.DLL and messed it up.
- Microsoft’s (or related) hardware broke down and messed up OLMAPI32.DLL.
- Different software install overwrote OLMAPI32.DLL version needed.
- OLMAPI32.DLL was deleted by accident (or on purpose) by a Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 program that had nothing to do with it.
How to Fix the “OLMAPI32.DLL Not Found” Error
- Go to the Control Panel, click on program, and then click on Uninstall a Program.
- Right-click on MS Outlook 2007 and choose Change to fix compatibility problems with olmapi32.dll.
- Click on Continue after choosing “Add or Remove Feature.”
- Click “Microsoft Office,” then “Microsoft Outlook,” and then “Not Available.” Hit Continue.
- Wait until the process of uninstalling is done. The Meter shows how things are going.
- Finally, Outlook 2007 is gone from your computer. Click the Close button to end the program.
- Start MS Outlook 2010 again after a restart and check to see if the problem is still there.
- If you see the message below, click “NO.”
- Go back to the Control Panel and choose to Uninstall a Program from the list of Program Files.
- Right-click on Microsoft Outlook 2010 and then click Change.
- Now, click Continue and choose the Repair option.
- You have finally fixed the olmapi32 DLL problem.
Well, this is the way to fix the olmapi32 DLL error by hand. It is quite long, but if the PST file is big, it won’t work. You can effortlessly fix this error by using an automated tool such as Regain Outlook Recovery tool.
Outlook is probably the finest email client in this era, and several users prefer it to collab and communicate with clients and colleagues. However same as other email clients, it is not safe from the different errors, and olmapi32 DLL is one of them. We hope after going through this, you’ll be able to resolve it effortlessly.