Export Entire Calendar Items from Office 365
Updated On - March 18, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Office 365 is fantastic, especially for business and enterprise customers. The service offers a suite of products that add value to an organization’s productivity. One of the services that Office 365 offers is the ability to share calendars. But what if you want to share an entire calendar item instead? In this blog, we will guide you to export entire Calendar items from Office 365. You can use this method to export all or some of your calendar items to another format. But before diving into the process, let me mention some possible reasons for the same.
Reasons to Export calendar items from Office365
Many businesses have already migrated to the cloud, and some are already using Office 365 as a part of their business email. However, not all of them know that Office 365 can serve them with a lot more than just a solid email. If you have decided to migrate to Office 365 and started using its services, then you should know that it is not just an email you are using but a set of powerful tools and apps. And if you want to start using them all, you need to be aware of the operation principles of these apps and how they can be used to improve your business.
All these programs are great, but their main disadvantage is that they need the internet to access, and due to cloud storage, your data is available for everyone, which increases the risk of data breaches and loss. In order to change this situation, you can protect yourself with a reliable Office 365 backup tool, which can offer you a more convenient way of storing your cloud data in Office 365.
The other reason to export your Office 365 calendar is to move the data to another calendar application. You might want to do this if you want to use another calendar application instead of the default one. You might also want to move your data to another program if you are changing computers or phones or your calendar application is no longer supported.
So, let’s move to the heart of this article, the possible ways to export the Office 365 calendar into local drive.
How to Export Calendar items from Office 365 to local disk?
If you’re using Office 365, I am sure you’ve created an Outlook profile. Why am I mentioning this, because you can easily export the Office 365 calendar using MS Outlook’s import/export utility, but there are also a few restrictions. First, let’s know how to get your Office 365 calendar entries to a hard disk.
Office 365 calendar entries export using Outlook.
- Open your Outlook app and log in to your account (Office 365).
- Now go to the File tab and click Open & Export from the left pane.
- Following click the Import/Export option.
- Then, choose the Export to a file option and click on Next.
- Choose Outlook data file .pst as a file format and click Next.
- Now it will show your complete Office 365 folder preview, scroll to the calendar folder and select it. Make sure to check the Include subfolders option. After that, click Next.
- Now browse a location to save the Office 365’s calendar file and select the appropriate duplicate checker option. Once done with the options, click on the Finish button.
So, it is the process to export Office 365 calendar items into the local drive, but as I stated above, this method also has a few drawbacks.
Why should you avoid the Manual approach?
- First and foremost, avoid the manual approach because you cannot export calendar items from multiple Office 365 mailboxes simultaneously.
- With this method, you cannot export your calendar items’ metadata.
- If you’re using Outlook in cache mode, then instead of exporting all calendar entries, it only exports calendar items on the cache.
- This approach does not let you apply filters on the calendar items, which means you cannot exclude unwanted items from the process.
- If your export process gets interrupted due to any possible reason, there are chances that your PST file may get corrupt, and you’ll lose all your calendar items.
So, these are the few possible reasons I suggest you use an automated Office 365 backup tool to export Office 365 calendar items into local disks.
Reliable way to export Calendar items from Office 365
Many Microsoft professionals and businesspersons suggest using the Regain Office 365 backup tool to export Office 365 calendar items and other Office 365 to the local drive. The software offers several popular file formats to store the data, such as MBOX, EML, PST, MSG, PDF, etc.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $89
The main reason behind this tool’s goodwill is its file format flexibility; by exporting Office 365 calendar items into EML, you can even access them without an internet and email client. Apart from this, Regain Office 365 backup tool allows you to export calendar entries from multiple Office 365 mailboxes simultaneously, saving you from repeating tasks.
I will not review the complete tool as the tool comes with a free trial version. Hence, you can evaluate it by yourself without even spending a penny.
The Office 365 calendar gives you so many options to manage your schedule and keep yourself organized. It can be a great tool to ensure you’re on time and prepared for all your meetings, but storing them on local disk is always handy. With the Regain Office 365 backup tool, you can quickly export the entire contents of your Office 365 calendar to multiple file formats.
One thought on “Export Entire Calendar Items from Office 365”
I’ve been looking for a way to export all my calendar items from Office 365, and this article provided a great solution. Thanks for sharing!