Updated On - November 28, 2023 by Savita Sharma |Reading Time: 6 minutes
Do you want to send an email through Microsoft Outlook at a later time? Most of us want it, though. Most of the time, we want to schedule our emails for when we can’t send them at the right time or when the recipient is more likely to open them. Obviously, these make more people open and respond to emails.
But scheduling emails in MS Outlook is hard because it has so many features. When the users try to schedule an email to be sent later in MS Outlook, they have trouble.
In this article, we’ll talk about two simple ways to schedule your MS Outlook emails. Basically, one method will show us how to schedule a MS Outlook email, and the other will let us delay MS Outlook emails until a certain time.
Related Blog: How to Fix Can’t See Images in Outlook Emails?
You can schedule an email in MS Outlook the old way
Microsoft Outlook’s basic method is the way things have always been done. Outlook Delay Delivery is what Microsoft has given it as a name. The whole thing is done through the Outlook desktop app.
Follow the steps below to schedule an email in the old way in MS Outlook 365, Outlook 2016, and Outlook 2013.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- In the top left corner of your Outlook ribbon, click the “New Email” button. It will open a new window where you can write.
- Put your recipient’s email address in the “To” field. You can also put more than one person in the CC or BCC fields.
- After adding the recipient’s address, write a great subject line and then the body of your email.
- Next, you need to start putting together a plan. Click the Options button on the Outlook ribbon.
- Click on “Delay Delivery,” which will give you all the tools you need to schedule emails.
- A window will appear on your screen. Under the heading Delivery Options. Choose the date and time. Do not deliver before the time shown in the picture below.
- Close the pop-up, and you’ll be back in the box where you write.
- Click the Send button to send your message at a specific time.
When you schedule an email, it goes into a folder called “Outbox.” The set time is used to send these emails.
Even though the above method lets you set up MS Outlook to send an email at a later time. But you have to pay attention to a few things to make sure delivery.
- Your system should be ON during the time it’s suppose to deliver
- You need to be connected to the internet at the time you set.
- The date and time on your system are synchronized with MS Outlook. Make sure that the date and time are correct.
Related Post: How to Fix Outlook Account Setting Out of Date?
How to delay MS Outlook email
If you want to set a default send delay for all the emails you write and send, you can do it manually with a single email template that will make sure all the emails arrive late. This might help users who often have to make changes to every email they send. Here’s how to make all emails take longer to send:
Simple Method to Schedule an Outgoing Email in MS Outlook
- Click on the File tab and then click on Info.
- Click the Manage Rules and Alerts button on the Info tab.
- In the Rules and Alerts box, choose the Email Rules tab and then click the New Rule button.
- It will bring up a box called Rule Wizard. Select “Apply rule to messages I send” under “Start from a blank rule” and then click “Next.”
- Under “Select Condition(s),” check the boxes next to the options you want to use in the messages you send. To set a send delay, you must uncheck all the options and click Next.
- It will bring up a confirmation box. Click “Yes” to put the rules into effect.
- Once the confirmation is done, check the box next to Delay delivery by a certain number of minutes in the list of actions.
- In the same dialogue box, click the link that says “a number of minutes” under “Edit the rule description.”
- In the Deferred Delivery dialogue box, set the number of minutes that the emails will be delayed, and then click OK. Then click the button that says “Next.”
- Choose the rules that don’t apply to the rule you just made. Click Next if you don’t want any changes.
- Give the rule a name, check the box next to “Turn on this rule,” and click “Finish.”
- Click OK to save the changes and return to the mail interface.
Related Blog: How to Fix Outlook Inbox Not Showing all Emails?
Check to see if the changes were made well or not. To do this, write an email, put in the address where you want it to go, and click the Send button. Now, when a send delay is set for all emails, the emails that have already been sent get saved in the Drafts folder and wait until the date and time that was set.
After setting a delay for emails, make sure MS Outlook is running in the background during that time. If Outlook is closed and not running in the background, the email won’t be sent. Instead, it will be sent as soon as you open the programme again.
Even if MS Outlook is running and your connection is stable, there are some other things that can stop emails from being sent.
Due to these uncertain activities or misconfiguration, there are chances that the PST file associated with delayed or scheduled emails gets corrupt. In this scenario, we suggest you use the Regain Outlook PST repair tool.
The tool is specially design for MS Outlook users, and it can repair corrupt PST files within no time. we offer free version of software to users can get assure about the tool’s skills and capabilities before making any investment.
You can easily schedule or delay an email in MS Outlook, and if you’re a professional, then you have to. Delaying an email gives us a second chance to correct an incorrect email and be professional. After reading this article am pretty sure you’ll utilize MS Outlook’s this feature.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques1. Can you schedule an outgoing email in Outlook?
Ans. Under Delivery options, select the Do not deliver before check box, and then choose the delivery date and time you want. Click Close. When you’re done composing your email message, select Send.
Ques2. How do I send an automatic scheduled email in Outlook?
Ans. You will have to compose a new email and then click on send later button. Now, click on schedule recurring message in the send later menu. Choose the desired date and time and then select the interval at which you have to send the emails.
Ques3. Where do I find scheduled emails in Outlook?
Ans. Go to delay delivery and find all the scheduled emails. You can change the schedule and click on Close to save the settings.
Ques4. Why didn’t my scheduled email send in Outlook?
Ans. Your Outlook needs to be open at the scheduled time for messages to be sent out on schedule. If it is closed, then delivery will not take place. Ensure that there are no other rules that you have set up in Outlook that are interfering with delayed delivery.