Published On - December 24, 2022 by Armaan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
If you’re having trouble accessing your Outlook account, it’s possible that you may have forgotten your password. While being locked out of your account can be frustrating, there are a few steps you can take to try and retrieve your password or reset it if necessary.
In this article, we’ll go over how to find your Outlook password location and what you can do if you can’t find it. Stay tuned!
Two straightforward methods for locating Outlook Password
Sometimes, it happens that you have completely forgotten your Outlook password and are at the same time unable to reset it. In such a situation, you have some options for knowing the password location. We have talked about two possibilities, as follows:
1) By managing your Google account
This process is only applicable if you use the web-based Outlook. That means, while using and logging in to your Outlook on the web, your passwords get saved automatically.
To find your Outlook password, you’ll first need to check the password manager on your computer. Many modern browsers come with a built-in password manager that saves your login credentials for various websites and applications. To access the password manager,
- Click on your browser’s profile icon and select the “Manage your Google account” option.
- From the sidebar, select the “Security” tab, and then click on the “Password Manager.”
- Next, you’ll need to search for your Outlook account. You can usually do this by typing “outlook” into the search bar. If you have multiple accounts saved in the password manager, you may need to try a few different searches to find the correct one.
If you’re using a third-party password manager, such as LastPass or Dashlane, you’ll need to follow a similar process to find your Outlook password.
Note: There is a 90% chance that you will not get the passwords from these password manager tools (including Google and other third-party ones). because MS Outlook applies extended security features. However, you should try this tool at least once.
2) Get the password location using your Outlook
This technique is for those who have forgotten their Outlook password but are still logged in. If this related to your situation then continue to the instructed below steps:
- Run your Outlook desktop application and at the up-left corner click on the “File” tab.
- Navigate to the Account Information section and click on the “Account Settings” button.
- In the Email tab, select your email account and click on the “Change” button.
- From the Change Account window, click on the “More Settings” button.
- Then you will find the Internet Email Settings window; click on the “Outgoing Server” tab.
- At the “Login credentials” window, you can find the “username” and “password.” You can either click on the “Show Password” button to reveal the password or you can click on the “Change” button to change your password.
Note: If you are using Outlook on a shared computer or if you are unable to access the “Account Settings” option, you may need to ask your email administrator or IT support team for help finding your password.
How do I reset my Outlook password if I’ve forgotten it?
If the above two methods don’t make any difference, then resetting the passwords is the best solution. Though it’s a simple task, for non-technical users, it becomes a hard challenge. Don’t worry, just follow the steps below to reset the password:
- Go to the Outlook login page.
- Click on the “Forgot my password?” link.
- Enter the email address associated with your Outlook account.
- Follow the prompts to reset your password. This may include answering security questions, receiving a code via email or text message, or using an app to generate a code.
Note: If you are using Outlook through an organization (such as your workplace), you may need to contact your IT department for assistance with resetting your password.
How do I change the password for the Outlook desktop application?
Most of the time, Outlook web-based and desktop app passwords are the same. By the way, there are a few steps you can take to reset your Outlook password for the desktop app:
Firstly, make sure that you are connected to the internet and have previously set up a recovery email or phone number for your account. Then you can try resetting your password through the app by going to File > Account Settings (in this tab, click the account settings button) > Change > More Settings > Security.
When you are unable to reset your password through the app or online, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. Besides, it’s important to keep in mind that the specific steps to reset your password may vary depending on the type of account you have and the security measures that you have configured with your account.
Are you thinking about PST recovery?
If you have any PST files that are inaccessible but contain vital information, you can absolutely recover them. Fortunately, there are some manual methods available, but 98% of them don’t actually work. Therefore, we always recommend using the Regain PST recovery software.
Because this tool comes with all the advanced facilities. Its user interface is so simple that any non-technical person can easily use it. You can check out all the features on Regain software’s official website. They also provide a trial version of the tool, which you can try.
When it comes to recovering or resetting your Outlook password, it can be a tricky process. However, with a few simple steps, you can easily find your Outlook password location and reset your password if necessary. If you are unable to find your password, you can try managing your Google account or resetting it through the Outlook app. If those methods don’t work, then it may be best to contact Microsoft Support for help.