Updated On - October 25, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 3 minutes
Microsoft Outlook is an email application which is used to send and receive email messages. It is effectively use to manage various email data in PST file format. PST or Personal Storage Table file stores Outlook data for IMAP, POP, and a mail account hosted on a Web site. In this blog, we explain how to manually convert Outlook PST to VCF files. Let’s Start..
What is a VCF file?
VCF file is also known as vCard format, which is often use for storing contact details in text file format for a person or a business. The VCF file contains all the contact details such as a name, address, phone number, email address, and other contact details. It can also support custom fields, images, and other media types. This VCF file is mainly used for importing and exporting contact details from an address book. So, if you want to move from an Outlook email client to another one that supports the VCF format of contacts, then you need to convert PST to VCF (vCard) format and import it somewhere else.
Simple and Easy Way to Convert PST to VCF Files (vCard)
- Open → “Microsoft Outlook” > Go to → “File” menu > click → “Open & Export”
- Choose → “Export to a file” option and click → ”Next” button.
- In “create a file of type” box; choose → “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click → “Next”.
- In the Select folder to export from the box, select the contacts folder you want to back up, and click “Next”.
- Then click the Browse button and enter the file name and file type to save as a file and click OK.
- Click Finish. The process of converting PST to VCF (vcard) will now begin. This will be display in the Import and Export Progress field.
- The file is now successfully convert PST to VCF (vCard) format.
Professional tool to convert PST to VCF (vCard) file
To convert PST to a VCF file, you can try a specialized third-party tool to convert PST files to VCF files without facing any hurdles. Regain PST File Converter is a specialized tool that can efficiently convert multiple PST contacts to VCF file format without losing information. It has many excellent features such as Move Selective Contacts or Folders, Migrate Contacts with All Attributes, Preview Contacts with Attributes, etc. It is one of the best utilities, allowing you to directly migrate Outlook PST contacts to Office 365 & Live Exchange Server platform within a couple of clicks.
Features of Regain PST Converter tool listed below:
- Perform complete conversion of PST to VCF, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal format, etc. file formats with ease.
- Provide an option for selective conversion of multiple and single folders to save time and effort.
- Shows the smart preview of Outlook PST files in detail within the software before the actual conversion.
- Successfully exports data from Outlook to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Amazon WorkMail, Godaddy and Live Exchange Server by using login details of the respective account.
- Direct Import feature to Import Outlook PST to Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, Outlook for Mac, Eudora, Entourage, Outlook Express, Google Contacts, Yahoo, etc.
- Self-intuitive and easy to convert GUI, it converts PST files to VCF and other formats without expertise.
- Permitted users to evaluate the features and working of the software by using its trial version, and allows them to export the first 30 emails per folder free of cost.
If we choose the manual method to convert PST to VCF (vCard) file, then its procedure is so long and time-consuming, and it requires Outlook installation. Hence, the use of specialized utility software like Regain PST converter is the top choice which is an expert in its work. This application provides accurate conversion. A free version of PST to vCard Converter is also available. With this demo version, users can easily convert up to 30 data units of each folder. Try and tell us more about your practical experience.