Updated On - August 18, 2022 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 3 minutes
Outlook is an Internet-based version of email application used with Exchange Online. It is an application that is use mainly to send and receive emails. It is effectively use to manage a variety emails data in PST file format. A PST or Personal Storage Table file is use to store Outlook data for IMAP, POP, and a mail account hosted on a Web site.
What is a VCF file?
A VCF file is also known as vCard format which is often used for storing contact details in text file format for a person or a business. The VCF file contains all the contact details such as a name, address, phone number, email address, and other contact details. It can also support custom fields, images, and other types of media. This VCF file is mainly used for importing and exporting contacts details from address book. So, if you want to move from an Outlook email client to another email client that supports the VCF format of contacts, then you need to convert PST to VCF (vCard) format and after that import it somewhere else.
Manual Ways to Convert PST to VCF (vCard) file
- Open → “Microsoft Outlook” > Go to → “File” menu > click → “Open & Export”
- Choose → “Export to a file” option and click → ”Next” button.
- In “create a file of type” box; choose → “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” and click → “Next”.
- In the Select folder to export from the box, select the contacts folder you want to back up, and click “Next”.
- Then click the Browse button and enter the file name and file type to save as a file and click OK.
- Click Finish. The process of converting PST to VCF (vcard) will now begin. This will be display in the Import and Export Progress field.
- The file is now successfully convert PST to VCF (vCard) format.
Professional tool to convert PST to VCF (vCard) file
For the successful conversion of PST to VCF file, you can try a specialized third party tool to convert PST file to VCF file without facing any hurdles. One such specialized tool is Regain PST File Converter which is able to efficiently convert your multiple PST contacts to VCF file format without losing information. It comes up with many excellent features such as Move Selective Contacts or Folders, Migrate Contacts with All Attributes, Preview Contacts with Attributes, etc. It is one of the best utility, which also provides you an option to directly migrate Outlook PST contacts to Office 365 & Live Exchange Server platform within couple of clicks.
Features of Regain PST Converter tool listed below:
- Perform complete conversion of PST to VCF, MBOX, EML, MSG, EMLX, vCal format, etc. file formats with ease.
- Provide option for selective conversion of multiple as well as single personal folder file to save time and efforts.
- Shows the smart preview of Outlook PST files in details within the software before the actual conversion
- Successfully exports data from Outlook to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Amazon Workmail, Godaddy and Live Exchange Server by using login details of respective account.
- Direct Import feature to Import Outlook PST to Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, Outlook for Mac, Eudora, Entourage, Outlook Express, Google contacts, Yahoo, etc
- Self-intuitive and easy to convert GUI, converts PST file to VCF and other file formats without any expertise.
- Permitted users to evaluate the features and working of the software by using its trial version and also allows to export first 30 emails per folder free of cost.
If we choose the manual method to convert PST to VCF (vCard) file, then its procedure is so long as well as time consuming, and it requires Outlook installation as well. Hence, the use of specialized utility software like Regain PST converter is the top choice which is an expert in its work. This application provides accurate conversion. A free version of PST to vCard Converter is also available. With this demo version, users can easily convert up to 30 data units of each folder. Try and tell us more about your practical experience.