Published On - October 27, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Summary: Many times, MS Outlook stores the sent email in its own folder. This can be frustrating especially when you have to send an important email. But, don’t worry. We will discuss here some important manual and professional solutions that will help you fix this issue instantly.
MS Outlook is a professional application that helps to exchange emails instantly. Imagine a situation, wherein you want to send an important email and instead of sending it out, MS Outlook stores that in the Outbox folder. This often happens due to the common error 0x80040201. Let us know more about this error and the ways in which you can get rid of this.
Causes behind the Outlook Error 0x80040201
There are many reasons due to which error 0x80040201 prevails. Let us explore them one by one.
- Any third-party interference of antivirus and even firewall can be responsible for this error.
- A corrupt MS Outlook profile can also prevent your emails from going out.
- A corrupt cached profile can also be the reason for this error.
- You’re sending emails to an address which is no longer a part of your Exchange Server.
- Your PST files are corrupt and damaged.
Solutions to fix error 0x80040201
There are different solutions to fix this error. Here we will discuss some manual and professional solutions to fix this error.
Disable third party Add-ins
There are many third party Add-ins which restrict the functioning of MS Outlook. As a result, the error 0x80040201 persists. You can try to disable these Add-ins and hence send your emails instantly. Here are the steps that you need to follow for this method.
- Open MS Outlook. Go to File and then go to Options. Click on Add-ins.
- Click on Go in the Manage section.
- Choose the Add-ins you wish to disable from the dialog box.
- Uncheck the box next to the Add-ins to disable them or click on ‘Remove’ to permanently delete them.
- Click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Delete Cache Files
Deleting cached files can also help you to get rid of this error. Follow the steps given below to solve this error.
- Close the MS Outlook.
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run dialog box.
- Type “%localappdata%\Microsoft\Outlook” in the dialog box and press the Enter key.
- Open the RoamCache folder to view the cache files.
- Delete the cache files and close the folder.
- Open MS Outlook to check if you can send your emails or not.
Update your auto complete list
MS Outlook often makes a default list of the most interacted email addresses. But at times, the recipient may change the address and you keep on sending the emails to the previous address. Therefore, you should timely update the auto complete list. Follow the steps given below to get the desired results.
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on the File tab and select Options.
- Click on the Mail tab from the Options window.
- Navigate to the Send messages section and uncheck ‘Use Auto-Complete List’ or, you can also select ‘Empty Auto-Complete List’ to clear the list.
- Click on ‘OK.’
Create a new MS Outlook profile
We already discussed that a corrupt MS Outlook profile can be the reason that you can’t send your emails. You can try making a new MS Outlook profile with the help of the following steps.
- Open MS Outlook. Go to File.
- Go to Account Settings.
- Click on Manage Profiles.
- Select Show Profiles.
- Click on Add. A dialog box will appear. Enter the name of the new profile and click on OK to add.
- A wizard will appear. Enter your email address and password. Follow the on-screen instructions. Click on Finish.
- Mark the option ‘Always use this profile’ before scrolling down the menu to select the profile you just created. Then choose ‘OK.’
Regain PST Repair Tool: The Perfect Solution
We have discussed above many solutions to fix this error. But all of these solutions are definitely time-consuming. They are lengthy and difficult for the beginners for sure. In such a situation, you can try a professional solution. This Regain PST Repair Tool is a great way to solve this error. It repairs the corrupt and damaged PST files. There is no risk of data loss with the help of this automatic solution.
It instantly repairs the damaged file without disturbing the hierarchy of data. You can export your files to multiple email clients and file formats. It is definitely a perfect tool for beginners. So what are you waiting for? Help yourselves out with this amazing tool now.
We have realized that all the solutions that we have shared with you are extremely helpful to get rid of this error 0x80040201. It depends on your experience and expertise on which solution you want to try. But in every way, the automatic solution is the best solution to get rid of this error. It is helpful in multiple ways for sure.