Updated On - November 16, 2023 by Savita Sharma |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Summary: Users on MS Outlook face this error 0x800ccc13. This error means that they cannot connect to the network. Isn’t it frustrating? But, don’t worry, we have got you covered with some easy manual and professional solutions that will help you to get rid of this issue.
MS Outlook is a trusted email client. Millions of emails are exchanged every day through this email client. Despite offering multiple features to users, it’s definitely not without limitations. At times, users end up facing some basic errors such as ‘0x800ccc13 Error – cannot connect to the network‘. How annoying you would feel when this error prompts up while you are working! Well, you definitely need to avoid this situation. To avoid this, let us understand the causes behind this issue and discuss some common solutions.
Causes behind this error
There are multiple reasons behind this error. Let us explore them one by one.
- Malware or virus attack affecting the entire computer
- Faulty/corrupt MS Outlook add-in that makes MS Outlook inaccessible
- The PST file configured with MS Outlook is corrupt
- If you shut down the PC accidentally when MS Outlook is running.
Any of these reasons might be responsible for causing this error. As a result, you may face difficulty in sending and receiving emails. Your tasks and calendars might get deleted automatically. You might also have to face problems in opening MS Outlook. Therefore, you will have to fix this error as soon as possible or else you will miss out on essential information.
Solutions to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc13
Here is a list of solutions that will help you to fix ‘0x800ccc13 Error – cannot connect to the network’.
Using Windows Live Checker
Windows Live Checker is the simplest way to solve this error. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Close your MS Outlook application
- Open Command Prompt (cmd) from the Start button
- In the CMD, type sfc /scannow and press Enter
- It will take some time to complete the process. After the procedure is finished, restart your system and relaunch MS Outlook.
Change the registry values
Whenever you update your MS Outlook, there are great chances that your registry values will change. Follow the steps given below:
- Press Window + R button on your keyboard and type Regedit in the Run window.
- In the opened window, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
- Delete the string ‘Outlook error 0x800ccc13‘ and restart your system.
Remove faulty Add-ins
Removing the faulty Add-ins can help you to solve this issue instantly. The faulty Add-ins interrupt the performance of your account. Follow the steps given below to solve this error.
- Press Windows + R and type Outlook/safe in the dialog box.
- This will open MS Outlook in safe mode.
- Open MS Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Click Options and then go to the Add-ins section.
- Try deleting the Add-ins one by one to find the faulty Add-in.
Once you have removed the specific Add-ins, this error may not persist anymore.
Repair PST files using SCANPST.EXE
Damaged PST files can be a major reason due to which you are not able to connect to the network. But these damaged files can be repaired with the help of an inbuilt repairing tool known as SCANPST.EXE. Follow the steps given below to get proper results.
- Close MS Outlook.
- In your directory, locate SCANPST. EXE.
- Double-click on the tool to launch it.
- Now, In the “Enter the name of the file you want to scan” field, browse and select the PST file you want to scan and repair. The PST files are generally located in the directory: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook./username
- Click on the Start button to begin the scanning process.
- The tool will identify the issues. Click on Repair to fix them.
Regain PST Repair Tool: The Ultimate solution
We know the methods that we have explained above may not be helpful all the time. Most of us would find them difficult to execute. They are time consuming as well. So, in such a situation, you can rely on the Regain PST Repair Tool.
This tool is a comprehensive tool that offers amazing features. It helps to repair the permanently damaged OST and PST files effortlessly. It comes with many features. Let us know these features one by one.
- Helps to recover damaged and corrupted files.
- Minimizes the risk of data loss.
- Retains the structure of the file.
- Recovers password protected and deleted files.
- Helps to export files to formats such as PDF, EML, OST, HTML, MBOX and MSG.
- Compatible with every email client and operating system.
We have explained in detail every method to fix the error. So what are you waiting for? Try and test any method according to your convenience. But if you want the easiest method of all, then we would recommend the tool. It is the best and perfect in every regard.