Published On - November 20, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Summary: Messages are never sent immediately on MS Outlook to any email client from Windows. You will have to manually synchronize these messages to send them quickly. However, at times, MS Outlook pops up with an error 0x80042109. We will discuss about the reasons behind the error and discover some professional PST Recovery tool and manual solution to fix this.
Whenever you hit the send button on MS Outlook to send your emails, they are never instantly delivered to any Windows based email client. MS Outlook stores this email for a moment in the form of a PST file in the local drive before sending this email. The time for which the email is not delivered to the recipient may also increase when the internet connection is unstable. Many times, your email would never get delivered and a message shows up on the screen like this:
“Sending and Receiving reported error (0x80042109): Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) email server.”
This error 0x80042109 is very critical and may hinder the exchange of some urgent information. Let us discuss it’s causes and solutions one by one.
Causes behind the Outlook error 0x80042109
There are many causes behind this error. Some of the common ones are given as follows:
- Poor internet connection.
- Corrupt PST files.
- The MS Outlook profile is corrupted.
- The Mailbox Server doesn’t synchronize with MS Outlook.
- Firewall is preventing some actions.
Solutions to fix Outlook error 0x80042109
There are multiple solutions that can help to send the emails immediately to Windows based email client. There are some of them.
Check Internet Connectivity
Before you proceed ahead with any method, always make sure that your internet connection is stable. If your internet connection itself is unstable then any of the methods would not help you out.
Disable Firewall and Antivirus
Firewall and Antivirus can be extremely helpful to protect your system against unwanted threats. But if your antivirus software is itself outdated, then it will surely prevent other applications to perform their basic functions. That is why you tend to receive error 0x80042109 while sending emails. Therefore, you can try to disable the firewall and antivirus. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Windows Firewall Defender.
- Slide the bar to disable these defenders.
If you are able to send the emails after disabling MS Outlook, then your issue is solved.
Verify or update SMTP Port
Updating and verifying SMTP port can be helpful to fix this error. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
- In MS Outlook, go to Tools or click File and then click on Info. Go to Account Settings and then click on Account Settings.
- Double-click on the email and click More Settings.
- Click on the Advanced tab, set the SMTP port to 587, and choose the TLS encryption connection option from the drop-down.
- Click OK to save the changes and then restart MS Outlook.
Reconfigure Email Account
Reconfiguring email account can also help you to fix error 0x80042109. For this, you will have to delete your old MS Outlook profile and create a new one. Follow the steps given below to do the same.
- Go to MS Outlook. Select File.
- Press Account Settings and then go to Manage Profiles.
- Click on Show Profiles.
- Click on existing profile and press Remove.
- Now, click on Add.
- Enter any name and click on OK.
- Enter your credentials such as Email address and password. Click on Next.
- You should then see a success message. Uncheck the ‘Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone” box, then press finish. Close MS Outlook and reopen it to see your account.
Repair MS Outlook
Follow the steps below to repair MS Outlook.
- Open the Control Panel and then click on Uninstall a Program.
- Select Microsoft Office from the list and then select Change.
- Click on Repair and then click on Next.
Follow the on screen instructions, and click on Finish at the end.
Repair PST files
We have already noted that corrupt and damaged PST files can be the reason for experiencing this error. But, you can now repair that with the help of an inbuilt repair tool. Scanpst.exe is a great way to repair your PST files. Here are the steps that you need to follow for this method.
- Go to C:\Program Files or Program Files(x86) and open Microsoft Office> Office.
- Launch EXE and then click Browse to choose the PST file.
- Click Start. This will scan the PST file and find any errors.
- If errors are detected, click Repair to fix the PST file errors.
- Once fixed, restart Outlook and then try sending the email.
Regain PST Recovery Tool: The Professional Solution
The Regain PST Recovery tool is clearly the best option with you to fix this error. This tool is easy to use for beginners. You will no longer have to follow the lengthy procedures defined above. This tool helps to recover your permanently deleted files and excessively damaged files easily. In fact, you can export your recovered files to multiple file formats such as PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX etc.
There is no risk of data loss with this tool. It retains the structure of the data as well. This is a perfect solution for the beginners who are struggling with any of the other methods.
The error 0x80042109 is a major error and one needs to be very particular to get rid of it. We have explained all the methods to fix this error exhaustively. But if you still want the easiest solution, then nothing can be better than the professional solution that we have covered. This will definitely make your work easy.