Updated On - September 7, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 6 minutes
When moving mails from one Exchange server to another Exchange server, Outlook, or Office 365 account, you’ll likely need an Exchange database (EDB) converter program. By exporting mailbox information to PSTs, the EDB converter program also facilitates backing up Exchange database mailbox items. In addition, the EDB to PST converter program can let you import an offline database into a new or pre-existing server-based database. Also, you can export mailboxes from offline database files and import them into an empty or pre-existing database on the Exchange server. There is no shortage of software that claims to be able to convert your EDB file into other formats, but finding one that is both dependable and powerful and compatible with all Exchange versions is a different story.
Best and Most Trustworthy 5 EDB to PST converter tools
- Regain EDB to PST Conversion Tool
- Stellar EDB Conversion Tool
- Kernel EDB to PST converter
- EDB to PST Converter by SysTools
- Aryson EDB to PST Converter
Regain EDB to PST Conversion Tool
There is no better or more trusted EDB to PST converter than Regain’s tool. The EDB converter program can transform your offline Exchange database (EDB) files into the more widely used PST format. It is highly recommended by both Microsoft Most Valuable Players and Exchange admins.
The Regain EDB to PST Converter comes in three different licenses: Home, Corporate, and Technician. The EDB to PST converter has the following features:
Features of the Regain EDB to PST Conversion Tool
- No matter the size of your EDB file, you can easily export your mailboxes to PST format.
- Directly exports EDB to Exchange or Office 365 mailboxes.
- Export Public Folders of EDB files to Exchange and Office 365.
- It can also repair corrupt EDB files.
- Mailboxes can be exported to popular web-based email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Amazon Web Services, and many more.
- Allows saving contacts into a CSV file.
- Preview your inbox and all attached mail before saving.
- Prioritize inboxes if you’d like.
- Allows processing multiple EDB mailboxes simultaneously to speed up the process.
- You’ll have the option of setting up mailboxes on the target server.
- Unicode EDB files are supported.
- Exchange Server 5.5, 2000, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 are all supported.
- Free 24*7 tech support.
- The free version can open, convert, and preview EDB mailboxes but only allows saving the first 25 items per folder.
Regain EDB to PST converter comes with three licensing options, which are as follows:
- Home License: It costs $99 and can be activated for 1 year; you cannot find a license cheaper than it.
- Corporate License: This is the most preferred and cost-effective option that costs $199 for a lifetime and can be used in multiple systems in multiple locations.
- Technical License: If you’re a data recovery service provider or MNC company, this is an option. This license costs $299
Stellar converter for EDB
Another solid option for converting EDB files to PST is Stellar’s Converter for EDB. The software supports offline and online conversion of EDB files to the PST format used by Outlook. Emails, attachments, contacts, notes, and more are all retrieved from your mailbox, saved in the specified format, and placed by the software.
- Exports all mailbox items, including emails, contacts, attachments, calendars, events, journals, tasks, draughts, and notes
- Exports Public Folders to PST, live Exchange, and Office 365
- Creates mailboxes and provides options to map users with mailboxes on live Exchange.
- It is a little more expensive, and also, if you want to acquire the EDB to webmail and cloud server migration capability, you have to upgrade your license.
- The free version scans, converts, and previews EDB mailboxes but does not allow saving.
It comes in 2 licensing options; both are known as corporate licensing and are valid for 1 year. One corporate licensing option costs $250; you can convert 50 mailboxes. Another corporate licensing option costs $330 and can move 500 mailboxes. However, none of these licensing options allows the recovery of corrupt EDB files.
Kernel EDB to PST converter
Converting from EDB to PST format is a breeze with the help of Kernel for Exchange Server. It transfers mailboxes from an offline EDB file to an online Exchange or Office 365 account. When exporting EDB files to PST or another format, it has a filter that can eliminate duplicates.
Few of its many features:
- Recover lost Public Folders
- Convert EDB files to PST
- Exporting offline EDB mailboxes to a live Exchange server or Office 365 account
- Preserves folder hierarch
- Allows for the export of mailboxes from an offline EDB file with Advanced Recovery Mode
- Supports Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0
- Recovers deleted items. Saves mailboxes as PST, MSG, EML, HTML, TXT, and RTF Files
- The conversion procedure is sluggish
- Microsoft Outlook is necessary for the use
Kernel offers its tool in three licensing options, which are listed below:
- Technician License: It costs $499 and can be utilized in the complete system in multiple locations.
- Corporate License: This license costs $199 and can be utilized in 10 systems.
- Corporate premium: You can purchase this license for $299, which can be activated in 100 systems in the same location.
EDB converter by SysTools
Another Exchange migration tool, SysTools EDB to PST Converter, may export mailboxes from the Exchange server database and save them in the PST file format. This do-it-yourself program can convert EDB files to PST formats without needing special rights or technical knowledge. It fixes typical Exchange server difficulties and can recover mailboxes from unavailable databases.
Some of its features
- Exports all mailboxes and mailbox items from EDB to PST
- Exports selective items to PST
- Exports Public Folders and Private mailboxes to PST
- Previews mailbox items
- Convert inaccessible EDB files into PST files
- Allows for time- and date-based filters to facilitate the selective conversion
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 are all supported
- Folder hierarchies and information remain intact (32 & 64-bit)
- Converting from EDB to PST takes a long time, and the trial version has few capabilities.
- The home license doesn’t support web-based and cloud-based migration.
Systools offers its license in 4 variants:
- Personal license: It costs $100 and can activate the license in 2 systems.
- Corporate License: It costs $200 and you can use the license in up to 100 systems.
- Technician License: This license costs $300 and can be used in 500 machines.
- Enterprise License: It is the costliest licensing option available for any EDB to PST conversion tool; it costs $800 and can activate it in 1000 systems.
Aryson EDB to PST converter
When you need to convert your mailboxes from an Exchange database file to PST format, Aryson EDB Converter is another solid option. EDB files that fail to mount due to a dirty shutdown or other issues can also have their mailboxes recovered with the help of this utility.
- Standard Mode, Advanced Mode, and Deep Recovery Mode are the three options available in Aryson EDB Converter. You can select the appropriate mode depending on the extent of the corruption or damage to the EDB file.
- The software supports PST, MBOX, TXT, HTML, MSG, PDF, and RTF for saving converted or restored EDB mailboxes.
- You can transfer EDB to Office 365 without any data loss or time spent on the conversion process.
- The inboxes can be previewed after the conversion and before they are saved.
- Supports Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, and 2010.
- Allows for the simultaneous detection and deletion of duplicate messages based on criteria like To, From, Subject, and Date.
- Converting from EDB to PST takes a long time,
- The free trial has few options, and the user interface and preview facilities are rudimentary.
It comes in four licensing options.
- Single User: As the name defines, it is for an individual and costs $99 for 2 systems, and valid for 1 year.
- Administrator: This license is available for $199 and can activate it in up to 6 systems. It is valid for three years.
- Technician: Costs $399 and can activate in 10 systems for five years.
- Enterprise: This licensing option is valid for a lifetime and can activate it in 15 systems.
The article discussed EDB to PST converter utilities are compatible with Windows and Windows Server. Using them, IT admins may accurately and reliably convert and export mailboxes from online, offline, and legacy Exchange database (.edb) files to PST and other formats, including HTML, EML, MSG, PDF, and RTF. Mailboxes can be exported from an offline Exchange database to Office 365 or another database on a Live Exchange Server with the help of certain advanced EDB converter software. Other EDB to PST converter programs are available; to get the one that best meets your needs without breaking the bank, I suggest going with the Regain EDB to PST converter.
Why prefer Regain EDB to PST converter?
- It is the only tool that offers all its licenses for a lifetime, even the personal license.
- The Regain EDB converter tool is the most cost-effective in the market, offering almost every required feature.
- It offers all features in its corporate license, which costs only $199 for a lifetime.
- The software is alone in the market that offers Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and other webmail services to move EDB files.
- The software can even convert corrupt EDB files without spending any extra penny.