Updated On - October 5, 2023 by Deepika Singh |Reading Time: 5 minutes
Summary: Have you ever accidentally deleted your mailbox items and folders? Well, you might end up losing some important information this way. But do you know that now you can recover your deleted mailbox items in a hassle free manner with the help of manual and professional solutions that we will discuss in this blog.
Emails have become an important part of our lives. They carry essential information in them which one cannot afford to lose. MS Outlook often stores this information in OST file format. OST files are the storehouse of your mailbox data. They save everything from emails to attachments, calendars and journals. But one can definitely delete some important files and folders from the mailbox accidentally. Have you ever wondered, what must one do in such a situation? In this article, we will discuss the methods to recover these deleted files and folders from the mailbox OST files. Let us discuss these aspects one by one.
Reasons of Deleted Files
There are many reasons for the files getting deleted. Here are some of them.
- Some emails might get accidentally deleted.
- Malware and virus attacks can infect your computer.
- Your OST files can fail to configure with the Exchange Server.
- OST files can get corrupt or damaged due to various reasons.
Since we now know the common reasons due to which we might end up losing our emails, we must know how to recover as it helps us to save our time and energy and also get back our information in no time. Let us now discuss methods to recover permanently deleted emails.
Methods to recover permanently deleted emails
There are several methods to recover permanently deleted emails. Let us discuss about them one by one.
Recover from Deleted Items Folder
Whenever you delete an OST file in MS Outlook, it does not get deleted permanently. The deleted files go to the Deleted Items Folder. Users can easily recover their deleted files from this folder. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Open MS Outlook and go to the Deleted Items Folder.
- Right-click on the item that you want to recover.
- Click on Move and then select Other Folder.
- Choose the folder where you want to use the item and click on OK.
Recover through control panel
- Go to the Windows Control Panel and then click on Mail.
- Select the email account from the list of configured accounts and click on the Change tab.
- In the Change Account Window, go to the More Settings option.
- Select the Advanced tab and uncheck the ‘Use Cached Exchange Mode’ option. After that click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Outlook Data File Settings button to continue the process.
- Now, the Outlook Data File Settings window displays on the screen. Now, select the Disable Offline Use button and click OK.
- A message pops-out ‘Outlook will not be able to work with your OST file’, click on Yes to continue. This will redirect you to the More Settings window.
- Choose the Outlook Data File Settings option again. This will activate the Browse tab. Now, open an old offline data file and click on OK from the same window.
- In the Change Account Window, check the checkbox corresponding to Use Cached Exchange Mode. Then, click on Next and then finally click on Finish.
- Open the Outlook program, here you will see a message that ‘Outlook is using an old copy of your OST’. Click OK to the message window and wait to launch Outlook properly. This will recover lost emails from the .ost file.
Using Import/Export Wizard
If in case your original profile of the Exchange Server was not modified, then you can definitely get along with this method. Follow the steps given below:
- Open MS Outlook in offline mode.
- Click on File menu and then click on Open & Export and finally click on Import/Export
- Now the Import & Export wizard will appear. Click on Export to a file and select Outlook data file (.pst)
- Choose the OST folders which contain the required Exchange information and click Next button
- Browse the location where you want to save the recovered data, and then click the finish button.
- This will export the messages to a PST format. After this, you can copy and import the messages from the PST back to the server-based mailbox.
Recover using MAPI address
If in case your profile has been accidentally deleted, then automatically all your OST files will get lost and damaged. These deleted files have to be synchronized again with the Exchange Server. This can be done with the help of a MAPI address.
- Connect Outlook with the original MAPI
- Connect the MAPI address to the original Microsoft Exchange Server.
Tips for protecting your data
We understand that the above mentioned methods can be time consuming and complicated for the users who are not at all conversant with the technology. Therefore, one must always try to prevent such a kind of situation by regularly taking a backup of your data and also updating your antivirus software. Synchronization with the Exchange Server can also help to prevent any kind of data loss. But, sometimes, it becomes impossible to prevent it. In such cases, you can rely on professional solutions such as the Regain OST Recovery Tool.
Regain OST Recovery Tool: A professional solution to every issue
Regain OST Recovery Tool is the best professional Tool that can help to recover the deleted emails folder. It makes the process faster and more efficient. Even beginners can easily get along with this Tool because it comes with an extremely easy interface. The software helps you to export the files to multiple email clients and formats. It helps to comprehensively recover the entire data file without distorting the structure. It is user-friendly and helps to filter the process in no time.
Steps to recover deleted Outlook Mailbox using Regain Software
- Launch the Tool on your computer.
- Select the OST file from where you want to get back you information.
- The software recovers the file and provides a preview of the same.
- Choose the folder where you want to export the recovered file.
- Choose the location where you want to save the resultant file and click on Save.
We know the value of data and we also realize that one may unintentionally end up losing a large amount of data. Therefore, in such a situation, there is a need to refer to all the methods that have been discussed above. Even if you are not able to get your hands on any of the manual methods, then this professional solution is always there for making your work easy.