Updated On - July 18, 2023 by Armaan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
MS Exchange Server is an important corporate mail server for managing daily emailing and other organizational activities. All Exchange mailboxes and elements such as emails, contacts, calendars and notes are saved in the EDB file or Extensible Storage Engine Database File format. Therefore, if you want to access EDB files data, it is necessary to be connected to your Exchange Server. However, the Exchange database is often damaged for several reasons, including- virus infections, hard drive errors, shutdown errors or system errors. Although this is very rare, it can damage your Exchange database and affect access to mailboxes. Therefore, it becomes very important for you to repair EDB file immediately or extract Exchange Mailbox Data from EDB to PST.
3 Manual Methods to Extract Exchange EDB Mailbox to PST
Method1: Using ExMerge Utility
Method2: Using Exchange Management Shell
Method3: Using the Exchange Admin Center
Method4: A Direct Ways for Extracting Exchange Mailbox from EDB to PST (Professional Tool)
Method 1: Using ExMerge Utility
ExMerge Utility Export Exchange mailbox to PST file
- You are required to Download and Open this ExMerge Utility on your system.
- Now open a Microsoft Exchange server account and log in.
- After login, you need to select the “Export or Import” option and press the Next button.
- Now select Extract data from an Exchange server and click Next again.
- A new window called Data Selection Criteria will now open.
- First click on the Import procedure tab, select archive data for the target storage and click OK.
- Now click on the Message details tab and press the OK button after entering the details.
- A list of mailboxes is then displayed on the screen. Select the one you want and then click Next to proceed
- Now specify a location for saving the PST file by clicking on the Browse button and pressing the Next button.
- The process will soon be completed. Click on the Finish button to exit the application.
Related Software: Export Exchange Mailbox to PST
Method 2: Using Exchange Management Shell
- First of all, you are required to move to the Exchange Management Shell and then use PowerShell cmdlet “NewMailboxExportRequest”
- Now, you just need to enter the following sentence structure “New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox“<Mailbox name>” -FilePath” “<destination file path>”
Here, the mailbox is what you need, and the file path is the destination path where your PST files will be stored as soon the EDB file export process is completed.
Method 3: Using the Exchange Admin Center
This method will prove beneficial for you only when you extract your Exchange mailbox data from newer versions such as 2019, 2016, and 2013. You can use Exchange Admin Center to extract Exchange Mailbox Data from EDB file to PST file. Follow the step by step procedure given below:
- First, move to Exchange Online and then open the Exchange Admin Center
- Click the Recipients tab on the left, and then choose the Select Mailbox option
- Now a list of the mailbox is opened. Just right-click on the desired mailbox and then select Export to a PST file
- Here, two options are now available. Select one of the two options below and then click the Next button to proceed further
- Export only the contents of this mailbox
- Export only the contents of this mailbox’s archive
- Enter your desired location to save your Exchange mailbox data, and move further by clicking the Next button
- On the next page, select the “Send an email to the mailbox below when the PST file has been exported” check box, enter the mailbox name, and click the Finish button
Method 4: A Direct Ways for Extracting Exchange Mailbox from EDB to PST
Regain software has magnificent EDB to PST Converter utility that can easily extract both online and offline mailboxes of Exchange EDB file into MS Outlook PST file format. This software is not only enriched with many fantastic user-oriented functions, with which countless Exchange mailboxes can be converted into PST files without changes to your data format and your data structure. Now, let’s see how this tool works.
Follow these Steps to Extract Exchange EDB Mailbox to PST files:
- Download and open Regain EDB to PST Converter on your system.
- Click the “Browse” button and select Exchange EDB and STM files to scan
- Now, wait a bit until the software scans your EDB files thoroughly
- As soon as the scanning process completes, it shows you all the previews of the recovered mailbox
- Now Browse the destination path where you want to save your recovered EDB files
- And then, Select Save as PST options, and you can also apply message filter here.
- Click on the Export button. To convert Exchange mailbox into a new or existing PST file
- Finally, your EDB mailbox is successfully saved to PST format at your desired location.
There are several options available for extracting Exchange mailbox data from EDB to PST file. All of the above methods that we discussed till now have their advantages and disadvantages. One of these options is the Regain EDB to PST converter. You can use any way mentioned above according to your choice.