Updated On - March 10, 2023 by Savita Sharma |Reading Time: 6 minutes
The Microsoft Exchange email server platform is a product of Microsoft Corp. It is server-based software that controls all of your electronic correspondence. Through Exchange Server, users are able to keep and retrieve emails, calendars, contacts, and more from a central location. In addition, Google Inc. offers a web-based email service known as Gmail. It’s an open-source email service that’s popular all around the world. It gives you access to gigabytes of space for archiving things like emails, contacts, and more. If you need a fast and trustworthy platform that you can access from anywhere in the world, look no further than Gmail. The good news is that you’ve landed on the right site if you’re trying to find a way to export Exchange 2016 mailbox to Gmail account.
Detailed instructions on how to import your Exchange mailbox into your Gmail or G Suite (Google Apps) account are provided below. One of the most effective applications is the Regain EDB to PST converter programme, which directly moves mailboxes from Exchange to Gmail. All versions of Windows can use the Exchange to Gmail Migration application without any issues. In addition, our technical support team has been fielding a lot of questions about the Exchange to Gmail migration process over the past few months. The next section addresses a few of the questions that have been raised.
Why should you export Exchange 2016 to Gmail and the G Suite (Google Apps)
Using Google’s G Suite and Gmail for business instead of Microsoft’s Exchange Server has many benefits. Exchange Online claims that Google Server has been a reliable system for over a year. Here are some of the most compelling arguments in favour of switching your Exchange Online accounts over to Google’s Gmail, G Suite, or G+: –
- Price: Google Gmail costs only 50 USD per user per year compared to $140 or more for a hosted Exchange Server.
- Access anywhere and anytime: Both services are available whenever and wherever you need them, but larger businesses stand to gain more financially from Google Gmail’s “overtime” plan.
- Best upgrades and no downtime: When it comes to email, Google has consistently provided cutting-edge technology and streamlined processes because it understands the importance of innovation in the business world. When users connect to the Exchange Server, they have access to fundamental information and resources. According to the company’s Exchange server, Google steals the company’s best ideas for technological innovation and updates.
- To meet market standards: There are a lot of Businesses out there taking advantage of Google: – Google is regarded by more than five million companies in the United States of America. And in terms of functionality, more than half of American businesses have migrated to Google’s G Suite and Gmail.
- Storage: Google Gmail offers a larger storage capacity per user compared to Exchange at comparable costs.
Microsoft Exchange Server is an excellent choice to fulfill enterprise and business email service needs. While Google Gmail is ideal for individuals, businesses will benefit more from using Exchange or another server. Whether you work for a large company and are curious about Google services or you want to export Exchange 2016 to Gmail for work, the information below will help you make the step.
What Are the Steps to export Exchange 2016 Mailbox to Gmail Manually?
To import your Exchange mailbox into Gmail, follow the steps below.
- Get started by logging into your Gmail account using the provided credentials. To access settings, use the cog icon.
- Afterward, go to Mail and click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP, select Enable IMAP, and finally click Save.
- The next thing to do is open Microsoft Outlook, go to the menu bar, and select File >> Info >> Account Settings.
- Next, select the New Tab.
- Select the checkbox next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Then, in the following window, select Internet Email and click Next; enter your login information in this section.
- Click the More Settings button, then choose the Outgoing Server tab, and finally, make sure the box next to My Outlook Server (SMTP) requires authentication is checked.
- Next, click the “Advance” button and fill out the form.
- Click Next >> Next >> Here Finish.
- To export messages from Outlook to Exchange, right-click the Inbox and select “Move to…” to create a new folder.
- When you’re done moving messages into the folder, drop them into the Gmail inbox listed in Outlook.
With this technique, you can successfully export Exchange 2016 to Gmail. However, they can’t be used manually if your Exchange server database is damaged. Repairing them is required before you may utilize them in the manual process. Now you know that EDB Repair Tool is the way to go if you need to fix up your Exchange Server files (EDB).
Importing Email from Exchange to Gmail by Using Regain EDB Converter Tool
User migration from Exchange Server to Gmail, G Suite, or Google Apps is not simple. However, Regain Software offers one of the most sophisticated options to make the transition from Exchange to Gmail easier. It also allows corporate customers to access their Exchange to G Suite account’s email, contacts, calendar, etc. This program makes it simple to export contacts and email messages from an Exchange server to your Gmail or Google Apps account.
Steps to Export Exchange 2016 mailbox to Gmail:
- Firstly, install and open the Regain EDB to PST Converter tool in your system.
- Now click on the Open button from the ribbon bar to continue the process.
- In the next wizard, Add the EDB files of Exchange 2016 which you want to export.
- Now the software will display a complete preview of the added EDB files.
- Choose the folders/emails you want to export and click on the Cloud Migration option.
- Select G suite/Gmail from the dropdown menu and provide the credentials of Exchange.
- Now the software will start to export your Exchange 2016 emails to Gmail mailboxes.
Here, the automated tool completes the process, and you can access all your Exchange emails in Gmail mailboxes. As you can see, the process is straight forwarded, and you can navigate the complete process on the dashboard.
The software allows a user to export Exchange to a Gmail account by entering only their IP address and server name. It’s a free programme that’s simple to use and has an intuitive UI. It also helps move many users from Exchange to Google’s Gmail and other services (Google Apps). During the transfer to another Exchange Server, the program keeps the mailboxes in their original state. The software’s design makes it accessible to a wide range of people; even those without technical backgrounds can use it effectively.
This post will cover how to export your email from Exchange to Gmail, G Suite, or Google Apps using a third-party tool. Exchange to Gmail Migration software makes it easy to switch from using an Exchange server to using G Suite or a personal Gmail account. A free trial version of this program is also available, and it can be used to transfer a small number of messages, contacts, and calendar events from your Exchange Online or Server to your Gmail inbox. After reviewing and enhancing the application, upgrading to the licensed version is also a simple process.