Best Way to Find the Content in Office 365?
Updated On - January 16, 2023 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
Many Office 365 customers believe that finding specific information is harder. Microsoft Office 365 has many tools that make it simple for users to locate any type of document. To find documents and emails in place, your organization can use the Content Search feature of the Compliance Center. These items can be exported to CSV files for further analysis. You can search for information using the Content Search function in Office 365. In this blog, we learn how to search or find content in Office 365.
Access to both mailboxes as well as public folders in Exchange Online is now possible.
Skype for Business Office 365 Groups makes it easy to collaborate with others.
SharePoint Online-hosted Sites
The search engine will provide a list of possible content locations and estimate how many you might see when you enter a content query. You can then search for information and preview it.
- There are many requirements for Office 365 Content Search.
- Search Office 365 material, and then export the results, requires that you are a member of eDiscovery Manager’s role-based group. This power is not accessible to all users by default.
- Only cloud-based setups (Office 365) allow you to search for material.
- You may also be able to search in Office 365.
How to Search/ find Content in Office 365
You have access to the Content Search page of the Security & Compliance Center as an eDiscovery Officer, Compliance Officer, Administrator. To make the account work, it must be part of the eDiscovery manager role group. Follow these steps to learn how to do it correctly:
To make advantage of this feature, visit https://protection.office.com/ and sign in with your Office 365 credentials.
- Select the Content Search option in the navigation bar.
- Select +New search from a drop-down menu on the Search Page.
- Give the Content Search a name or a description to make it stand out. Choose Next from the drop-down menu.
- Below, you will find the following information: Locations – Before you begin the search, select a specific location, or create a list of all locations.
- You are free to include or exclude material as you see fit. Drop-down menu Select Next.
Learn How to Find Content in Office 365
You can also use criteria to refine your search results and obtain more relevant search results. Indirect connections can be made between keywords, circumstances, and other factors. Once you have identified what you are looking for, you can start searching. You can now move on to the next step, by choosing it from the drop-down menu.
- Before you click Submit, review your content search.
- The results list shows the most recent searches. You can control the search at any time.
- User can export search results.
- You can also save the results to your personal computer for later usage.
- Go to the Content search page to select the search that you want to export.
- To finish the process, click the Finish link at the bottom.
Search Office 365 content using Professional Tool
There are many professional solutions that can provide broad search capabilities for finding specific data within Office 365 mailboxes. One of these solutions is the Regain Office 365 backup tool. This Office 365 Backup tool may make it easier to search for data in Office 365 mailboxes. It allows us to use a variety of criteria, such as sender name and address, email characteristics (such as message category and status), as well as other information. This software can be used to access Exchange Database files and Exchange Servers.
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $89
Office 365’s maximum primary mailbox size is 50 GB. Multiple emails, contacts, notes and other mailboxes can be stored in one spot. You can search the EDB file with Regain EDB to PST Converter tool to find anything that was not found using a manual content search.
This application can scan all your Exchange mailboxes and retrieve them. After your recovery is complete, you can use the Search option to quickly find what you are looking for using a variety of criteria and attributes. The application will remove you from dependence on Office 365’s basic search functions.
One thought on “Best Way to Find the Content in Office 365?”
You have lessened my work! Your ideas cover a lot of important aspects of finding content in Office 365. It’s very helpful for those of us who are still getting used to the new platform. Thanks!