Updated On - August 24, 2023 by Savita Sharma |Reading Time: 4 minutes
There are plenty of Outlook users, and many have been using email clients since it was first released. It has become the first choice of individuals and organizations as it is the most famous email client globally. Many users prefer to store their files data in various Outlook accounts. But when several PST files are lying down, it becomes tough for the users to manage the PST file properly. Therefore, this blog will show you how you can accurately merge your Outlook PST files. Our main focus will be merging the files and moving all data to one file without damaging or losing PST files data.
In addition, there are several other reasons to combine Outlook PST files. So the right solution to these issues would be one PST, a file, with all your essential data. But the question arises as to how to combine all PST data files into a single Outlook PST file. This article will give you a selection of multiple methods of merging Microsoft Outlook PST files and moving all the redistributed data to one file. Still, you will damage or not lose the PST file data without this.
Why Merging PSTs?
Before moving on to the methods of merging PST files, find out why it is important to merge multiple PST files into one. Every user has a different purpose behind merging Outlook PST files, but there are several common reasons why users want to merge or combine their multiple PST into a single file. Thus, we refer to situations where merging PSTs would be the best possible solution for the users.
- You may need to merge PSTs when merging an old account.
- Combining PSTs is the best option when it comes to backing up your files.
- If you want to merge your social, personal, or work-related accounts, merging is the best solution.
- When you switch to another service, say an exchange, then the merger may be helpful.
- When you receive files from a team, family member, organization, or other groups, uniting is the easiest way to manage this data on one PST file.
We’ll look at why merging is considered a better option in many scenarios. Sometimes, managing PST files can be complicated. And the only solution to these issues is that you need to attach your entire data from different files to one PST file. And the biggest problem arises, how do we do that? There are two ways to merge your PST file data; You can do this manually or using a third-party tool. It is up to you which option to choose. There is a high chance that users will be confused, which is the worst situation because it can cause much damage or data loss. With that in mind, we’ve taken all of these issues into account as we’ve created this blog so that users can safely merge their Outlook PST files into a single one with their integrity.
How to Merge Multiple PST Files Manually
The manual method is not clear-cut; it is a two-step process. Follow the steps to merge your multiple PST file data into a single PST file.
Step 1: Create a New Outlook PST File
- First of all, you need to Open Outlook, and after that, select the Home tab.
- Then click New Items → More Items → Outlook Data File
- Here browse the path to save the file, give it a name, and click ‘OK.
Now your New Outlook PST file is created successfully.
Step 2: Import Outlook Data to New PST file
At this point, the data in the existing PST files will be transferred to the new file created in step 1.
- Open MS Outlook, and then go to the ‘File’ → ‘Open’ → ‘Import’ option.
- The ‘Import/Export’ wizard opens up next.
- Select the ‘Import from another program or file option and then click ‘Next.’
- Select ‘Outlook Data file (.pst)’ to import that files type and click ‘Next.
- Click on the ‘Browse’ button to select the PST data file for importing and click ‘Next.’
Note: Select the options as per your need (shown in the screenshot above).
- Choose the folder that you need to import into the new PST data file.
Note: checkmark on sub-folder in case of partial selection of folder.
- At last just click on the Finish button.
By following the above steps, you can easily merge multiple PST files in Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007/2003. You can repeat the same steps if you have too many PST files that you want to merge. Now, we will discuss instant techniques to merge PST files into an Outlook PST file easily.
Instantly Merge Outlook PST Files by using Professional Tool
Merging PST files seems a bit complex manually because, in the manual method, you have to follow a lot of steps with full attention; because not doing so increases the chances of loss of your data or may damage your files data, which can affect your workflow and cost precious time & money, therefore, if you want to save your precious time and money, without causing any harm to data. You need to use a professional method to accomplish this task. The Regain PST Merger tool is an excellent solution for merging or combining multiple Outlook PST files into a single PST file with no file size issues. It keeps your data away from the dangers of corruption or data loss.