Microsoft offers huge range of email applications like Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live mail which are used across the world according to users’ convenience. These email applications use various file formats for data storage. Windows Live Mail supports EML files and MS Outlook stores data in PST file.
Try Regain EML to Office 365 Migrator tool to Import Windows Live Mail EML files to Office 365 account or Exchange Server. Download Here
The data is stored in body and header part of EML files. Windows Live Mail saves data with MIME RC 822 standard. In header format, EML files store ASCII characters and body part has hyperlinks, text, and attachments.
For migrating from Windows Live mail to Outlook, it is important to convert EML into PST file format. Hardware issues, file errors, synchronization and other errors are some of the problems in Windows Live mail. Here are the steps to convert EML into PST files manually.
Steps for EML to Outlook PST file conversion
- Open Windows Live Mail and MS Outlook
- Click on File under Windows Live Mail
- Select Microsoft Exchange under Export > Email Messages
- Windows Live Mail Export box will be opened by clicking on Next
- You need to choose from Microsoft Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Exchange where you want to export email and click Next.
- It will show up a dialog box “This will export messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook”, click Ok
- Now choose mail folders you want to export. You can select from either “Selected folders” or “All Folders” option.
- Click “Finish”
After that, a message will show up that messages are exported successfully.
Microsoft Office 365 is a best suite which offers cloud based services for the users. By considering the features from Office 365, a lot of people migrate from MS Outlook to Office 365 platform. You can use the professional Regain Outlook PST to Office 365 migration tool but you can also use the free method to do this. When it comes to migrate from PST to Office 365, you need to upload PST files to Office 365 with the option of “Network Upload”.
Try Regain Office 365 to PST Converter tool to Export Office 365 Mailbox to Outlook PST file. Download Here
PST files to Office 365 export is a very complex task and it has some prerequisites before you start the process of migration. It is important for the users to understand the tools and techniques used in this process. Here are the tools needed for migration of PST files to Office 365 –
- SAS URL
- Azure AzCopy
- Command Prompt (CMD)
How to Perform PST to Office 365 Migration
When it seems too complex to transfer single PST file to Office 365, you can migrate PST files into Office 365 in bulk with “Network Upload” option. Here are the detailed steps to import PST into Office 365.
Step 1: Azure AzCopy Installation and Copy SAS URL
SAS URL is a URL network which can be used to store Azure in a location in MS Cloud and Shared Access Signature Key SAS Key for organization. SAS key has set permissions to move email from outlook storage of Azure.
- Go to protection.office.com link
- Log in to Office 365 admin account
- Select the option Data Governance and click import button
- It will open the Import page and click “Import Service”
- Click on New Job and Upload PST files
- It will open the page to upload files and select the show network to upload SAS URL.
- Copy URL and save in a file location
- Go to “Download” and install Azure AzCopy.
- Click on “Run” button when a pop-up window appears
Step 2: Import Bulk PST to Office 365
- Type CMD in search bar after clicking Start button
- Right click on Command Prompt and click “Run as administrator”
- Migrate PST files into Office 365 with AzCopy.exe tool
Step 3: Ensure that PST files are uploaded
- Install MS Azure Storage Explorer
- Open explorer and check out the list of PST files to Office 365
- Now you can see the files stored on Azure where they can be mapped to the mailboxes.
Step 4: Create PST to MAP file
Now you need to convert files to Comma Separated Values (.CSV format). Such kinds of files are imported to user mailboxes.
Step 5: Export Files to Microsoft Office 365
- Use your administrator account to enter Office 365
- Select import under Data Governance
- Click on Import services from import window
- Select new job and (+) and click upload email.
- Select “I am done uploading my files” on Upload Files over the network and enable “I have access to Map file” and click Next.
- Select PST import and click next.
- Add PST mapping by clicking Add button.
- Click on Validate CSV after selecting CSV file stored.
- Enable the checkbox “Read terms and conditions”
- Click Finish to submit job to import PST to Office 365.
It will finish the process for Outlook PST to Office 365 file transfer. As the method of PST to Office 365 is not so easy, it needs a lot of applications. So, it has certain risk. It needs technical knowhow. If you want to avoid this stress, backup Outlook PST files before doing migration.
You may also try this Regain PST to Office 365 Migration application, Go through Free version to see Results. You can download this tool from here: