In future, are you looking for a switch to Microsoft Outlook email client? User switching from one email client to another is very common now. Normally, users change their email clients due to corporate limitation or some personal reason. If your past email client saves your mailbox data in .mbox format and you are unable to open them in your MS Outlook. In this case, you need to convert your emails from MBOX format to PST format.
The MBOX and PST format is used to store emails and mailbox data. But they have a few differences. Microsoft Outlook stores their files in PST format, whereas MBOX format file created in lots of email clients like Apple Mail, Mozilla Mail, Netscape, Opera Mail, Eudora, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, Spicebird, Entourage, Claws Mail, Mulberry, Pocomail, Evolution, Sylpheed, and more.
In the various occasion, a user needs to switch the email clients from to another due to some official or personal reason. I understand people have their own reason to switch between different email clients. Here I’m sharing two extreme solutions for you.
How to Convert MBOX file into PST file?
In this article, I will explain you a manual method that can help you to convert your previous Apple Mail MBOX file into Microsoft Outlook PST file format. To make this entirely manual process easy for non-technical users, I have shared screenshot also which helps you when you do. Don’t forget to create a backup from Apple Mailbox ‘MBOX’ to PST conversion before you start performing the manual process.
First of all, you need to import MBOX file in your Apple Mailbox. To import your previous emails follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, launch Apple Mail in your system.
- Click on the File option then click on the option ‘Import Mailboxes’.
- Here, you need to choose the file or program that you want to import your emails data. Choose the option ‘Files in mbox Format’ then click on continue.
- Now you need to browse the file from the location where you saved. Now choose the MBOX format file which you have to import. Click Select.
- Here, you need to choose the files that you want to import. Click Continue to go for the next window.
- Now Click Next until the process is complete, then click on Done to finish.
- Now you can your imported emails in the Apple Mail’s mailbox section.
Now here you need Eudora Windows’s version email client to go further in exporting process. You can’t export your Apple Mail to MS Outlook directly. First of all, you need Eudora for the creation of the mailbox, then after you need Outlook Express to import converted files. After that, import your mailbox from Outlook Express to your Microsoft Outlook. If Eudora is not installed in your system, you need to download and install it in your system. After installing Eudora successfully on your system, follow the steps mentioned below:
Use Eudora to Export MBOX file
- First, you need to join the MBOX extension which previously you imported. Example: if that name is “MyMBOX”, then rename it to “MyMBOX.mbx”.
- Now Place the file. For example “MyMBOX.mbx” in the directory location where your stores its files.
- Open Endora on your system for the creation of mailbox finally, now you need to select MyMBOX.mbx file and after that end the Eudora application.
Use Outlook Express to import your MBOX files
- Open Outlook Express. Then go to the File option and click on Import then Messages.
- Choose Eudora from the list and click on Next to go further in this process.
- Here you need to Browse the file location which you have moved MyMBOX.mbx earlier. Click on Ok.
- After that click on Next again and again until the Finish Option.
- At last, click on the Finish button to finish the process.
In Outlook Express you can find the imported mailbox section in your Local Folder.
Use Microsoft Outlook to import your Mailbox data
- First, open your MS Outlook on your system. Then go to the File option and click on Open.
- Now you choose the Import option to go to the “Import and Export” wizard.
- Here, you choose “Import Internet Mail and Addresses” from the list. Click on Next to continue.
- Choose Outlook Express 6.x, 5.x, 4.x any of them or Windows Mail from the option. Then click on Next button.
Now you can search your imported mailbox in your MS Outlook. This folder is located in your Outlook today as a “Personal Folder”.
For a non-professional user, it seems like tricky and difficult also to perform, if you are not technical the switch to the other experts and professionals way to solve it. Generally, these manual methods are too much lengthy and time-consuming also to perform and sometimes it may affect the original files and not work properly. So, don’t forget to create a backup file of the Original before you start any manual method. So, anyhow any wrong step taken by you in the process then you can restore it from your created backup file in past.
Professional method to Convert your MBOX to PST file
If the mention manual method is not working or fail, you can use a professional method. It is safe and effective to convert MBOX files into PST file format. You can download any free version of MBOX to PST converter software to convert your MBOX format file into PST format. If you are switching from Mac system to Windows system, Eudora to Outlook, Thunderbird to Outlook, Entourage to Outlook or any other email client that supports MBOX format MS Outlook. This MBOX to PST converter is the best option for you, according to your needs, with this you can export or repair corrupted also. Other than you can convert it into other formats like HTML, EML, MSG and RTF formats. This tool allow user to migrate MBOX files to Office365 account or Exchange Server. With the demo version, you can save your first 30 email messages in your PST file. At the same time, you can select single and multiple MBOX files also.