Microsoft offers huge range of email applications like Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and Windows Live mail which are used across the world according to users’ convenience. These email applications use various file formats for data storage. Windows Live Mail supports EML files and MS Outlook stores data in PST file.
The data is stored in body and header part of EML files. Windows Live Mail saves data with MIME RC 822 standard. In header format, EML files store ASCII characters and body part has hyperlinks, text, and attachments.
For migrating from Windows Live mail to Outlook, it is important to convert EML into PST file format. Hardware issues, file errors, synchronization and other errors are some of the problems in Windows Live mail. Here are the steps to convert EML into PST files manually.
Steps for EML to Outlook PST file conversion
- Open Windows Live Mail and MS Outlook
- Click on File under Windows Live Mail
- Select Microsoft Exchange under Export > Email Messages
- Windows Live Mail Export box will be opened by clicking on Next
- You need to choose from Microsoft Windows Live Mail and Microsoft Exchange where you want to export email and click Next.
- It will show up a dialog box “This will export messages from Windows Live Mail to Outlook”, click Ok
- Now choose mail folders you want to export. You can select from either “Selected folders” or “All Folders” option.
- Click “Finish”
After that, a message will show up that messages are exported successfully.