Published On - August 31, 2022 by Nasir Khan |Reading Time: 3 minutes
If you are looking for a solution for how to import Gmail Calendar to Microsoft Outlook profile, then this article will prove to be very helpful for you. This article discusses the manual method as well as the third-party solution available for accurately importing Gmail Calendar to Outlook without any data loss.
Need to import Gmail Calendar to Outlook
A user might be looking to import his/her Gmail mailbox calendar events to Outlook PST file format due to numerous reasons such as:
- Cloud incidents.
- Internet and Google service outages.
- Gmail account gets hacked or compromised / crashed.
- Catastrophic data loss situation.
- Account shutdown/loss.
- An employee might need to backup Gmail calendar events before leaving an organization.
- A user decided stop using a specific email account.
Related Blog: How to Configure Gmail into MS Outlook?
Manual Method to Import Gmail Calendar to Outlook
In order to manually import Gmail Calendar into Outlook profile, you need to perform 2 steps:
- Export your Gmail Calendar to a file
- Import the file into Outlook
Step 1: Export your Gmail Calendar
- Login to your Gmail account > Select Calendar.
- Select My Calendars > Settings.
- Click Export calendars.
- Select a desired location to save the extracted file.
- Navigate to that location > unzip the file > right-click the file > click Extract All.
On extracting, you will get iCalendar files.
Note: In case of multiple Google calendars, there will be ICS file for each.
Step 2: Import the exported file into Outlook profile
- Launch MS Outlook > go to your Calendar.
- Select File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import an iCalendar (.ics) or vCalendar file (.vcs) > click Next.
- Browse the extracted file, select the one that ends with gmail.com > click OK.
- Click Import.
- Go to your Outlook calendar. Your Google Calendar events will appear now in MS Outlook calendar.
Limitation of Manual Method
The manual method to import Gmail Calendar to Outlook has a limitation that if there are more than one account for calendar migration, the user has to repeat the process for each and every Google account.
Related Blog: Export AOL Contacts to Gmail
Professional tool to import Gmail Calendar to Outlook
Regain Gmail Backup software is a third-party professional tool to backup Gmail account to your local PC. The self-descriptive graphical user interface of the Gmail Backup software eases Gmail backup process even for non-technical background users.
Eminent Features of Gmail Backup Software
- Pause and Resume options to manage the Gmail mailbox backup process.
- Incremental backup feature to download only new Gmail items instead of entire data again.
- Complete backup of single or multiple Gmail accounts.
- Displays preview of all folders in the Gmail account.
- Supports selective backup of Gmail components in PST / MSG / MBOX / EML / EMLX / HTML / MHTML / PDF format.
- Offers self-descriptive, user-friendly interface to easily migrate Gmail mailbox to Outlook.
- Displays mailbox backup progress report while taking backups
- Maintains integrity of user account data and folder structure during Gmail mailbox to Outlook migration.
- Free to download trial version allows backup of up to 30 emails from Gmail mailbox to Outlook.
- MS Outlook installation not required for Gmail mailbox backup.
- No technical skills required for Gmail mailbox to Outlook conversion.
- Fully compatible with all Windows OS and Outlook versions.
Just 5 Steps and you are done with Gmail mailbox backup on your system
- Download, install and launch Regain Gmail backup Software.
- Enter the login credentials (email address and password) of the Gmail mailbox.
- Software displays preview of all available mailbox folder, check/uncheck folders/subfolders to backup.
- Select Email format as a backup option and then click Next.
- The Gmail email backup process initiates and displays a live log report. Click Finish.
This article highlights the manual steps to import Gmail Calendar to Outlook profile. Since manual method has some limitations, we strongly recommend using a third-party Gmail Backup tool to perform flawless Gmail Calendar migration to Microsoft Outlook and also without losing any data. The free demo version will let you check the professional tool’s capabilities before purchasing the licensed version.