Updated On - May 29, 2023 by Henry Bray |Reading Time: 4 minutes
Nowadays, Office 365 is becoming popular daily due to its cost efficiency and other benefits such as zero-maintenance and universal access. Therefore, many organizations (small and large) are shifting from Lotus Notes to Office 365 platform. If you also want to take advantage of the best features of Office 365 and are looking for an option to Export Lotus Notes mailbox to Office 365, then I would like to say that you are absolutely at the right place. Because here, we are going to discuss how we can export Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365 account. We have two options to export Lotus Notes to Office 365 – the first one is Manual Method, and secondly, we can also use the professional tool. Let us discuss and learn about both the methods in detail:
Why User Export Lotus Notes mailboxes to Office 365
- If we compare Microsoft Office 365 with Lotus Notes, it is very economical because the maintenance cost in Lotus Notes is very high.
- Lotus Notes is not suitable for novice users, as it is technically complex and tough to learn, while Office 365 is user-friendly and very easy to operate.
- In Office 365, all users’ documents are up to date which can be accessed from anywhere. It provides you with a collaborative environment, allowing users to easily collaborate with teammates, customers, and partners.
- Features like the search feature in Lotus Notes are not so good, while Office 365 is based mainly on keyword searches.
- Office 365 has many other features like – SharePoint Online for content management, Skype for Business, etc., due to which many users are attracted towards it.
Manual Guide to Export Lotus Notes Mailbox to Office 365
If you want, you can export from Lotus Notes to Office 365 or Exchange Server manually, with the help of IMAP Connector. By following some of the steps given below, you can transfer Lotus Notes mailbox data to Office 365.
Step 1: Have a backup of NSF files
Nowadays, no manual method is entirely safe and error-free, there is always a possibility of data loss when using it, so before proceeding manually, users should keep a backup of their NSF data files for future use.
Step 2: Now, you are required to create a new mailbox for each NSF user who is having the IBM Lotus Notes account.
Step 3: Enable the TCP/IP port for each user accounts by following the given steps:
- First of all, you need to open Domino Administrator in the Lotus Notes application.
- In the Mail (IMAP) column, you have to change the TCP / IP port value status to Enabled. Now go to the configuration tab, and open the given server document that executes the IMAP service.
- Now you click on Ports, then Internet Ports, and once again click on the Mail tab.
- All you have to do is click on the “Save button” to save the given changes and close the application.
Step 4: Synchronize with the IMAP Connector
Finally, you can use the IMAP Connector to synchronize mailboxes b/w the Lotus Notes and Office 365 easily.
Drawbacks of Manual Method:
- The active firewall and Proxy Server of Lotus Notes may block the Internet connection during the migration process.
- You must manually export calendar items because there is no such feature for auto migration.
- The manual method has a file size limit that cannot export more than 1 GB of NSF files.
- Manual process is lengthy and time-consuming as well.
- The manual process also needs technical expertise to run it.
- In a manual process, there is always a chance of data loss due to human error.
Professionally Export Lotus Notes data to Office 365 account
The manual method is not the right solution to export Lotus Notes to Office 365. Because; many limitations surround the manual method. So, to export Lotus Notes emails to Office 365 in an effortless manner. You can use Regain NSF to Office 365 Migrator tool, the best utility for migrating your Lotus Notes mailbox to Office 365. Now, let us see some user-centric features of this software given below:
Free Download100% Secure Buy NowPrice: $49
- The software allows direct export from Lotus Notes to Office 365.
- Allow user to upload selective NSF files to Office 365
- Maintains the integrity of data and folder hierarchy during migration
- Generates the preview of the mailbox before migration to check the desired emails.
- You can easily apply Date based filter before exporting
- It also has a Save Detailed Migration Report option for future reference
- It is easily workable on MS Office 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
- It provides you Free Trial Version free of cost & saves 30 emails/folder
Software Working Steps:
- Install and launch the NSF to Office 365 migrator software.
- Use browse button to add NSF file in the software for scanning.
- Now, on screen you will see the scanning file process
- Once the scanning process get completed, you will get the preview of exportable mailboxes on the display screen. Now click on Office 365 button in Cloud Migration Menu bar.
- A pop up screen is display, asked for the details, click on the connect button.
- After connecting, your NSF files start migrating to Office 365 Account.